{53} Tired

(Recap:
He's been awfully quiet since he found out.

I hope he's okay.)

——————————————————

I was in my room downing a glass of whiskey

Alessia is the Russian Mafia Donna.

My heart refuses to believe it, yet my mind fully believes that Alessia is more than capable of being a Donna.
I can't believe I didn't realise.
And, how the hell did she manage to evade my security system?
It's supposed to be incredibly safe, but then again, the Donna will always find a way.

That's what makes her so efficient in her work.
I should really take some notes from her.
Her methods are... questionable.
But great nonetheless.

A light rap on my door broke me out of my thoughts.

I opened the door and Alessia stood before me.

"Uh, hello?" I asked.

She didn't give me a reply, she just stood there for a second before hugging me tight.

It took me a moment to realise what she was doing and hug her back.

"What's this for?"

"Eh, I guess it must be difficult realising your little sister is sooo much better than you," She laughed.

"Come inside!"

Alessia being Alessia, barged right in and pounced on my bed, and started to make herself comfortable.

I sat next to her and opened my mouth to try and talk to her, but nothing came out.
I tried again, and the same thing happened.
On the third try, I managed to say,

"I guess I have some questions, that you probably won't want to answer, or tell the others about,"

"Go for it, ask away,"

"Everyone knows the story, that the previous Don had a girlfriend, but I don't think everyone knew what happened to her and they just assumed that she left the mafia and a new Don took over when he died," I took a breath. "So, I guess what I'm asking is, were you his girlfriend?"

"Yes, yes I was," She smile at the memory.

"He died right in front of your eyes, didn't he?" I asked. "I'm sorry sorellina,"
(Baby sister)

I kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry that we weren't there for you when you needed us, but we're here now, and we're business partners too!" I laughed.

"I don't know what's real anymore," She sighed as I waited for her to elaborate. "My boyfriend dies, like actually dies right in front of me, and I took over. And then, the next thing I know, he's been alive the whole damn time!"

"HE'S ALIVE?!"

"YES! I only just found out. He says he going to explain everything to me tomorrow, but how do I know what's real anymore?" Tears started to slowly seep out from her eyes.

I hugged my sister tight, and laid next to her.

"It's okay, let it out," I whispered, and she cried further into my shoulder.

"I missed him! I mourned over him!" She sobbed. "I want a break! Is that too much to ask for?"

After a few minutes, her tears slowly halted and for a while, all I could hear was her sniffling every minute or so.
Eventually, I realised she drifting off to sleep, so I carefully sat up and grabbed the duvet to keep us warm.

Right now, Alessia looks so content and at peace.
I just wish her life was like that.
I want nothing more than to wrap her up in a blanket and protect her from everything.

I smiled at her, before falling asleep myself.

——————————————————
(I'm not so well today, so it's a short chapter, sorry xxx)
(IM SO SORRY I REALLY THOUGHT I UPDATED 💀 )

——————————————————(I'm not so well today, so it's a short chapter, sorry xxx)(IM SO SORRY I REALLY THOUGHT I UPDATED 💀 )