{36} Cat's Out Of The Bag

(Recap:
But as soon as I took one step forward, I collapsed and lost consciousness.

I felt my head come in contact with a pair of hands before my eyes fluttered shut and I succumbed to the darkness.)

——————————————————

"Then she punched her and made it seem like she was hurt! You should have been there it was so cool," I said

I was telling Marcello, Diego and Darius all about that time when Alessia hit Brittany.

Or bitch face as Alessia like to call her.

I chuckled at the memory and turned my attention to her.

"I'm going to go to bed now," She said wearily, as she got up from the sofa.

But, she didn't make a move to walk upstairs, no, instead she just stood there gormlessly.
She was staring off into space, normally I wouldn't be too concerned about this, but her face had paled massively, and her forehead was beaded with sweat.
I knew what was going to happen before it happened.
Out of instinct, I slowly moved behind her and outstretched my arms, Alessandro doing the same already, but positioned slightly in front of her.
Alessia took a step forward, and we were right, she collapsed.
She fell forward into Alessandro's arms and he began to bark out orders to the doctors of the mafia.

Giovanni
Romeo
Diego

All of them rushed to Alessia's side.
And by all of them, I meant all of them.
Even grandpa stopped his conversation with Dad and immediately got up to check on Alessia.

And nothing, and I mean nothing, can ever make him just stop a conversation, especially if it's about something important.

"BACK THE FUCK UP EVERYONE," Giovanni bellowed, and everyone apart from Alessandro, Dad and Grandpa, almost instantly recoiled back to their original positions on the sofa.

I watched from the sidelines, as he checked her neck for a pulse whilst Romeo checked her wrist for a pulse. After a few seconds of silence, Diego was about to press the button that was on his phone.

That button is on almost everyone who is in the mafia's phone, the moment you press it a car arrives to take you to the mafia hospital. It's only to be used if you are seriously injured.
However, Diego didn't get the chance to press it.

"STOP! I'VE GOT A PULSE!" Romeo shouted and Diego yanked his hand back from the phone and sighed with relief. "It's weak, but it's there," He nodded and he and Giovanni seemed to be having a secret conversation with each other.

"What is it?" Grandpa asked what we were all clearly thinking.

"We have decided to not take her to hospital, we can treat her here as she only fainted,"Giovanni sighed with relief, nodded to Alessandro and walked out of the room, Romeo and Diego following suit.