{49} The Meeting (pt.2)

(Recap:
Though, of course I previously never had the chance to use it.
So I'm very excited to see it!)

——————————————————

I sat in my car and started the engine

"Boys! Get in the car, we do not want to be late to this meeting," I yelled.

Alessandro was the first to arrive, he was dressed in a very similar suit to my own and looked dashing.
Only because his father is equally as dashing.

Then Vicenzo and my Dad arrived.

Dad sat in the front passenger seat, with Alessandro and Vincenzo in the back seats, and me obviously in the drivers seat.
It's not like this car can drive itself!
Well- actually it can but I prefer to do it myself.

We had been sent a location that we had to write down on a sheet of paper, because the address would disappear within 2 minutes of it being sent to ensure that no one else sees it.
I don't think she'd want any uninvited guests to show up.

After a few minutes of getting though the streets quickly, our luck ran out and we hit traffic.

"Can't we just run them over?" Dad asked me.

"No, not really," I answered.

He sighed and slouched in his chair, his glare now fixed on the car in front of us.
Within a few minutes, it cleared up and we weren't going snail-pace anymore.

We reached a secluded spot that only showed a field that stretched for miles that was littered with trees and foliage.

'You have arrived at your destination,' Our navigation said.

Yet, we were in the middle of nowhere, with no buildings in sight and with no cars parked around us.

"Are you certain we are in the right place?" Alessandro asked me.

"Uh I'm not too sur-" I began.

A low whirring noise started from underneath the car.
The hell?

Where we were parked, just so happened to be a platform that lowered itself underground.
That's incredibly clever.
I admire her sense of creativity, this hidden base would definitely be hard to find.

We looked around in awe.
The place looked remarkably modern and up to date than I would have expected it to look like.

We parked our car in a parking spot near the front doors.
There were two others cars parked beside us which meant that the others were already here.
But it's not like we were late, it starts in half an hour.

We all got out of the car and made our way towards the doors of the building.

It was like one of those skyscraper-like company buildings, but underground.
It had tinted bulletproof glass (presumably) and the building itself was painted an ebony black to match those windows.
Even though it's an inanimate object, it radiated a power that could not be denied. If this were a book, the building would be described as a gothic 16th century castle, with an eerie fog, creaky floorboards and uncanny dolls scattered about. However, this isn't a story so it wouldn't be described like that, and of course this isn't the 16th century, and what would we know about the uncanny dolls if we only see the outside?

When we entered, the floors weren't creaky or loud, and floors were a pearly white which contrasted with the black exterior.
I can only imagine how hard it would be to clean this place.
Every speck of dirt would be noticeable and stand out.

Indeed the interior of the building did not, in fact, have any creepy dolls or any creaky floorboards. It actually looks a lot more welcoming than the exterior.

A guard approached us as soon as we walked in.

"Mafia?"

"Italian Mafia," Dad replied sternly.

"Go down the corridor and take a left, it's the last door near the potted plant, good luck," He said before departing and walking back to where he was stationed.

We followed his instructions, and indeed down the corridor and to the left there was a door right next to a potted plant.

Do we knock on the door?
Or wait out here?
Or even just barge inside?

I didn't know what to do, so Vicenzo took the lead and knocked on the door.

"Come in," A heavily accented gruff voice replied.

He turned the knob and we walked in.

It was a large room, as big as our dining room, and it had a large semi-circular desk with one seat behind it and multiple seats on the circular side of it.
3 of the seats were already taken, so we took our respective seats and sat down.

I could tell that the other mafia leader were sizing us up and figuring out who we were.
And we were doing the same to them.

From what we could tell, one of the them was the Spanish Mafia Don, and the others was the Greek Mafia Don and his heir.

An hour passed, and yet none of us introduced ourselves to each other.
An hour passed, and the meeting had not yet commenced and the Russian Mafia Donna was nowhere to be seen.
An hour passed, and the doors burst open.

——————————————————

(Thoughts?)