9, First Day

"Kara, wake up!" Lawton shouted, jumping on my bed in attempt of getting me up.

"Leave me alone!" I replied, trying to push him off with my legs. He gripped it and dragged me off the bed, I pulled the blanket with me as I fell down on the floor and cried out.

"What's happening?" Denzel asked, walking into the room.

"I want to sleep" I said, Lawton still carrying my legs.

"You have school, Demelza" he said in a calmer tone.

"Can I get homeschooled?" I asked, glancing up at him.

He shook his head, amused "The last time a La Masseria got homeschooled, we had to moved live with the Ferraris for 4 months" he stated, narrowing his eyes at Lawton.

He left my legs and held his hands up in an innocent way "I will not take the blame for Hester's actions" he said, walking out of the room.

Denzel walked over to me and dragged the blanket away "Get up!"

"Please, 15 more minutes" I said, arranging myself on the surprisingly comfortable floor.

"Okay" he walked out.

I was about to fall back at sleep when cold water splashed down on me, drenching me wet. I scream in horror, jumping at the coldness of the water and turned to face Denzel holding an empty bucket.

"I'm always ready to wake up a stubborn sibling from sleep" he said, smiling "Get ready, Del" he added before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

I frown, squeezing my hair as I walked into the bathroom and took a bathe. The uniform for my class was a simple knee length black pleated skirt, white short sleeve shirt and a black tie. We were allowed to were any black or white shoes and white socks.

I arranged my hair into a double half-up half-down, before wearing my knee socks and NA-KD beige chunky loafers. I took my white and nude pink colour block zip front backpack.

"Good morning" I greeted with a smile, seating in the middle of Casey and Hester. They greeted in their various ways, only Rauw greeted back.

"Good morning Kara" he greeted. Denzel walked into the dinning room with a plate in his hand and placed it infrint of him, I furrowed my eyebrow.

"You cook?" I questioned, picking up the fork and knife.

He shrugged "Depends for who"

Lawton cough from the other side of the room "Can I get my own?" He asked.

Denzel and I turned to him "She doesn't really eats much and have a very small appetite" he mumbled in addition.

"That's strange. All the La Masseria's have some strange sense of gluttony" Denzel commented, taking a seat around the table.

"I'm just not hungry. After a few spoons, I feel like throwing up what I just ate. It's-" I looked for a word, taking the 2nd spoon of the marvelously cooked breakfast and pushed it away "Sorry, I'm full"

He gave Rauw a look at my action. Rauw sipped his coffee, looking at nothing in particular as he busily ate his breakfast.

"Let's go" Kiernan said, standing up and waving the others good bye.

"Bye" I said with a small wave.

"Study well" Hester mocked.

"Dude, who says that? 'Study well' couldn't think of anything better?" Riordan asked.

"Shut up and get going. It's nice not having to go to school" Lawton commented with a smile, sipping his coffee.

"Why are you not going to school?" Haaland asked "I'm calling your Dean"