22, We're Family Too

"You know... I'm still very bothered" Denzel said, taking a seat in the private meeting room located in the company's office building.

"By what?" Rauw asked sounding indirectly coldly.

"By the fact that Kara us amnesiac and you didn't tell us" Haaland replied.

"But know you know" Rauw replied.

"You're acting the same way when we were younger. You keep her all to yourself and act so over protective of her that we can't even get close to her" Anwen stated.

"That's true" Hester added.

"I'm just being extra protective and you all have to understand that" he said, closing the documents in front of him.

"We do understand that but being over protective until the point of pushing us away, that's not right. We're her brothers too and we have the right to know about her whereabouts too" Lawton said.

"God knows what you two may still be hiding behind our backs..." Haaland commented.

"What do you mean?"

"It's partly your fault that Riordan is acting in such hostile way towards her, Rauw. He didn't get the opportunity to grow up and get custom to her that he found refuse in Casey as she being younger when she was taken away. He throws his anger on her for mom's death and take it that his only sister is Casey meanwhile it's false" Denzel explained.

"You act like mom only gave birth to you and Jocasta while we are the illegitimate bastards" Hester reasoned, receiving a glare from all of them.

"What he is trying to say is that you act like we are Casey, the illigetimates while you two are the two really legitimate children. You never tell us anything" Lawton said "Like we were informed of Kara coming 30minutes before she landed and it was even Leylaini who told us becuase you forgot about us"

Is that really how they felt, he wondered at the back of his mind. He never though that they might have felt that offended by the way he acted with Kara. He thought that they were okay as they never complained but now he felt kind of bad that he made them feel so inferior.

"She just didn't want you guys to treat her differently and I understood her, you all are quite excessive" he replied, doubting whether those were the right words to say in such situation.

"I agree on that point that most of us will become more protective and maybe even invade her privacy and that's bad but... I won't say that I wasn't hurt by the act" Lawton said truthfully.

"It's like you don't care" Hester commented.

"I should have told you all but it was her choice and I had to respect her decisions. I'm actually sorry for what happened and how you all discovered it. I didn't quite know or could imagine that.... that's how- you felt about how I am with her. After all that happened and the conditions of her birth... " he trailed off, his mind zoning out from the real time conversation he had.

Rauw still considered himself as a failure, sadly, even if he finally got Kara back. The condition in which she came back wasn't as favourable as he would like and now that their father was coming back with Maria, things will get even more messed up.

"Rauw Ferrari just apologized to us" Haaland said in awe.

"What an improvement! Kara has had a good effect on you. Imagine if she wasn't taken away...." Denzel stated.

"Rauw could have been a mother hen softie" Anwen commented in a chuckle.

He didn't particularly like the way any of them took it. They knew how difficult it was for him to apologize and now that he did towards them, they were making fun of him. Nevertheless, he liked the relationship with his brothers. The only thing that biithered him was how Kara felt towards him at this very moment.