25, Feels Broken; Dinner With Extended Family and Step Relations

I didn't go to school today and neither did the the others. Charlotte did go and said she will send the notes and missed assignments as she was going to stay at Claude's, not to intrude in the family dinner of tonight.

I haven't left my room since. The only one who kept me updated on what was happening outside was Lawton. He was one not care. He wasn't even speaking much to Casey, except when he wanted something to his benefit so he wasn't much impacted. When Maria spoke to him, he just snobbed back at her and didn't pay much attention to her complains. He just completely shutter them out.

He tried convincing me to get out and eat junk food with him while watching a movie but I just wasn't in the mood.

I studied my school stuff, drew a little, played with my teddy bear and read through the notebook again trying to decipher it.

It was actually a story in my opinion about a girl who was abused by her parents and went through a living hell at a very young age but I had no idea why I would write this. I asked Zeke about it but up still now, he was yet to reply.

I breathe out, opening my computer and checking the time. It was soon 6pm and time for dinner and I could already some noises from outside, guessing the others will soon be here.

I got out of my baggy clothes and took a quick bath, dressing into a black V-neck waist A line drawstring ruched sequin dress, a tommy Hilfiger faux fur jacket as it was getting really cold due to winter and black boots. I wore my Hermes D'ancre rings, frivole pendant, infinity bracelet and my gold teardrop dangle clip on earrings. I finished by gelling my baby hair, arranging my briads down and took a picture, sending it to Charlotte.

Charlie; You look beautiful, girl!

Kara; Thanks. A little effort for the fam
How are you enjoying it with Claude?

Charlie; Ohh it's great. Enjoy your dinner

I formed a small tight smile, feeling disturbed.

A knock echoed in my room. I moved towards it and unlocked it, revealing Lawton in his most formal clothes that I've ever seen him in.

"An Armani tux" I teased with a beaming smile. He rolled his eyes at my words and actions.

"I hope you enjoyed your day in there, Sorrelina. It's time for the vampires who rule the world when the sun goes down, to come out of their caves" he said in a little cold siniter tone.

"No need to say it like-... such" I said "Let me grab my glasses" I added, turning on my helps and walking to my vanity, wearing my glasses and walking back to meet him.

The mansion had an even bigger dinning hall considering it was the main family mansion. I had never gone there and I was quite amazed at how tall, big and aerated it was. The maids were having some last minutes check up around, assuring that even a grain of dust won't be found.

"Demelza" Anwen acknowledge, hugging me "You look beautiful"

"Thanks" I replied, greeting the others with a smile and a wave.

"Ohh Family. Like who needs them? Remind me why we are having this dinner Donato?" Maria commented, walking down the stairs with her arm intertwined with Father's and Casey following next to them like the perfect little family.

Yes, they were.

"It's a tradition for every new member" He replied.

"Then why did Casey not gave hers? She's more wanted than Kara. I mean, she was born first and she is a success who can boost your business. What can Kara bring to this family except shame and disgrace?" Maria questioned in a to be filled with vile disgust and hidden jealousy.