10, Hunger and Lawton

"Miss Demelza" The maid called out, taking a step into my room.

I looked up from my books and faced her, arranging my glasses "Yes?"

"Sir Masseria said you should come down for dinner" she said. I nodded "I'm coming..." she turned on her heels and walked out, closing the door.

I stood up from the bed, keeping my books in the nearby shelf and arranged my hair which was left down in a middle part. I picked up the beige hoodie of my Calvin Klein cotton logo tracksuit and wore it, walking down to the dinning room.

"Hi" I greeted, seating down.

"How was your first day?" Rauw asked, sipping his glass of wine.

"Well.... It was okay though I got special treatment for being related to you guys" I glanced at all of them. The only person who had a noble perfect character was Casey according to the teachers' opinion.

"Mrs Yamaha?! She never liked me" Lawton rolled his eyes "I was a nice kid"

I laughed at his words, trying not to choke on my food. I saw all the others laughing too at his words, giving him that 'Are you kidding' look.

"Lawton, seriously, if you were my kid, I would abandon you at the door of a monastery or may be, an orphanage" Haaland commented, not smiling or laughing. He was actually serious.

"You never attended class. Mrs Yamaha always attacked it all on me! Gosh, I wonder how I still have an ear" Kiernan said, rubbing his ears.

"All of us have gone through that" Hester stated "Except Casey"

"Why?" I asked, already feeling full.

The room felt silent for a bit. None of them spoke or utter a single word as they glanced at Casey, some even sending her small glares.

Her phone rang under the table. She removed it and checked the caller ID, standing up and leaving the dinning room "I have to take this" she said in a low hurt tone, walking out.

As she did, the noise simultaneously increased back to normal. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused of what had just happened. I was about to ask when Rauw spoke.

"Kara, Follow me to my study" He said. I nodded, taking a last sip of my water and followed behind him as we walked silently to his study.

I entered and locked the door, taking a seat while he sat behind his desk. Rauw opened the drawer and removed some small boxes.

"Take" he said, pushing it towards me.

I took it and saw it was a new phone, IPad and tablet along with a Macbook, headphones and earpods.

"This is so much.... After they exaggerated with the shopping" I said.

He shook his head "Then why do I work so hard if we can't use the money?" He questioned "I don't know how your life was before you got sent to the orphanage but I want to fill the empty spaces. This was supposed to be your life, Kara. I'm sorry everything turned out like such"

I shook my head "It's okay. I don't even want to know what happened because.... I fill.... things will change if I remembered" I said.

He gave me a small smile and I could see how genuine it was and the effort he gave to smile. He was so cold and emotionless as an exterior facade but inside, I could see he was actually a nice and genuine person.

I smiled and shook my head at a thought "What did you do when you where in High school? Mrs Yamaha also complained about you"

He scratched the back of his head "It was nothing much. She just loves complaining about every single thing"