23, Music Links Us Together

I didn't want to talk to any of my brothers but that was impossible, considering as I lived with them.

The driver pulled up to the driveway of the mansion and I walked out, heading to my room ignoring Kiernan's calls. I have been ignoring him since Jovie and I had our little argument.

It wasn't my fault that nowadays, all we do is argue and hate each other. Sure, I wanted to be her friend but she didn't have to act like I just only be friends with her. We dropped the topic about Claude and then, she found a new topic about Zeke and Charlotte.

She had serious issues.

I got changed into Monclear Ivory pleated logo skirt and Tommy Hilfiger cotton logo crop hoodie, tying my braids into a low loose ponytail. I wore my contacts before walking out of my room to the kitchen to get water.

"Jocasta" Kiernan called out following me into the kitchen "Do we have a problem?"

I shook my head, not sending him a single glance as I opened the fridge and removed a cool bottle.

"Then what's with the silence?"

I tried walking out on him but he held my arm, taking away my phone in my right hand.

"Hey, Wave. Give that back" I shouted angrily, trying to take it back.

"First tell me what's wrong?" He said, holding the phone away.

"Ohh  I don't know. There's nothing wrong gossiping about me and telling my personal life to my friends" I snapped harshly.

His face fell a little "I did it to protect you. Just for extra protection incase so that they could be more careful around you"

"Do I ask you too, Wave? Did I ever say that I needed extra protection?" I shouted angrily "Thatswhy I never wanted to tell any of us. See what happens... Everyone is now treating so differently like I can't take care of myself"

"Kara, I didn't mean it like that-"

"Then how did you mean? Just leave me the fuck alone, Wave. I don't want to speak to any of you and give my phone!" I said angrily. Footsteps sounded towards us, followed by Haaland and Anwen walking into the kitchen.

"What's happening here?" Anwen questioned, looking at the space between us. Kiernan had this sad glint in his eye as he stared down at me, slowly lowering the phone.

"Nothing" I rolled my eyes, taking my phone away.

"Where are you going to?" Haaland questioned as I tried walking out.

"To my room, of course" I said with a frown.

"Kara, you've become quite disrespectful this days. You can't go around pouring your anger on Kiernan for no good reason and neither can you shout at him like such" Haaland reprimanded.

"No- no good reason... Come on! He- Wave literally told Jovie, Shaun and Henry about my amnesia. Isn't that a valid reason to get angry? It's my fucking life, he can't go talking about it when he wishes" I said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Kara, calm down and stop shouting" Anwen reasoned.

"Excuse me, brother? But I'm offended and angry. I don't have the right to say it out?" I snapped rudely, skipping past them and running away to my room as they shouted for me to get back.

Everything just annoyed me, especially when it concerned my brothers. Locking in myself won't do much good because they have another key to the room so I decided on going to the music room to practice.

I breathe out, looking for the lyrics of the song. I decided to sing 'Stand up'  by Cynthia Erivo. Jovie needed to help me practise with the piano but of course, I didn't want to talk to her too after everything that was happening.