24, Step-Mother and Evil Step Sister

"So I was wondering, when is your father coming back?" Charlotte questioned as we strutted to the library.

"I don't know. Soon enough with Casey's mother" I shrugged "Don't you feel kinda cold"

"Today is a chilly day. I stole this hoodie from Claude's closet" she replied, hugging herself in a giggle.

I had accepted the fact that Claude and Charlie were dating and I quite like it like such but it felt weird when she randomly just added him into our conversation like she was rubbing it into my face that they were dating

Not that it bothered me.

"Your birthday is coming up. What will you do?" Charlotte questioned.

Before I could reply, I felt an arm wrap around my waist pulling me close to the familiar warn chest.

"Birthday? You didn't tell me your birthday was coming up" Zeke wondered, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"It's not that much of importance" I said, facing Charlotte "Charlotte, this is Zeke and Zeke this is Charlotte, my friend from France"

"She's told me much about you" he said, holding out his hand for a hand shake.

"I hope all good" she smile sweetly, greeting him.

"Moving on, her birthday is in a montg" she informed "But she doesn't wants to celebrate it"

"Why?" He asked.

"Because... My mother died on the at same day and so did my father get married to Casey's mother. It's strange celebrating my birthday" I replied.

"And you think Rauw will let you not celebrate when he has finally gotten back his sweet little sister. You're not serious" She commented.

"Jocasta" Jovie called out close to us. She stood inbetween the tall shelves with a novel in her arm, staring at us as we spoke.

"Jovie" I gave her my best fake sweet smile and waved.

"I will like to talk to you" she said "In private"

"As you can see, I'm in a middle of a conversation" I stated "But we could talk after, maybe, when I will be free"

"It's kind of urgent" she said, glancing up at Zeke and Charlotte.

How did you politely tell someone that you don't want to speak to the person? I knew that she obviously wanted to talk about either Zeke and Charlotte and I didn't want to hear any of it.

"Jovie, no" I said, sounding quiet harsh "And stop! I don't want to speak to you, Okay? At least not now. Just let me think..."

She nodded, hurt at my words, silently walking away to the front desk. Charlotte raised her eyebrow, surely wondering what it was all about but then, we heard the bell ring and had to seperated to out different classes.

******

"I'm so tired" I said, stretching out my hand as Charlotte, Zeke and I walked out of the school building. He was stuck on his phone in claims of having to deal with his family business but I didn't doubt it.

"Kara!" William R. called out behind me. I turned to face him and saw my azure locked diary in his hand "You forgot this in class"

"Ohh thanks" I said, immediately taking it and verifying that it wasn't torn or damaged.

"No problem" he smiled, before walking away.

"What's that?" Zeke questioned.

"It's just some diary my brother gave me when I was younger before I was taken away" I replied.