19, Friend Zone

Babe!

"Same!" Charlotte replied, perking him in his lips before turning back to face Jovie and I with Claude's arm wrapped around her waist.

"Kara, Jovie" Claude acknowledge, sending us a small wave.

"Ohh you know them? The host family I talked to you about last night was actually La Masseria" she said "Jocasta, you didn't tell me you knew Claude?"

I was too speechless to talk. So the girl he was dating was actually Charlotte. The Charlotte I know and she didn't tell me.

I gave her my best fake sweet smile "Umm... I didn't know about both of you. Sure, you told me about the girl you were dating but Charlotte!"

"Is there a problem? And how do you guys know each other?" He asked.

"Ohh, we met at the orphanage in France" she smiled "I hope you won't mind with me spending lunch with him?"

"Of course not. Enjoy your selves, I'm sure you have alot to tell each other" I smiled sweetly. She nodded, waving me good bye as Claude took her away, intertwining their hands together.

Jovie laughed a little, surely trying to understand the situation in her own sigh way. We walked into the cafeteria and settled on our table.

"So..." She hummed.

"Don't Jovie. I'm not in the mood" I said annoyed.

"What's with the mood?" Shaun asked.

"So you will still be okay with Charlotte after discovering she is dating the boy you like?" she asked.

"I don't like Claude" I gritted.

"Ohh really? Then why are you so angry and nerves about them being together? She didn't even tell you she was dating" Jovie stated.

"Neither of them knew, I knew the other and I don't have a problem. If they are happy together that's their business" I said "As long as he doesn't hurt Charlotte"

"Are you insinuating that Claude is the problem? It's all about Charlotte not telling you. They must gave known themselves for pretty long to come to the point of dating and you've known Charlotte since you were in France. Come on, no signal" Jovie said.

I was about to reply wehn my phone buzzed in my pocket. I removed it and checked the message.

Charlie: Sorry about that. I met Claude 2 weeks ago and... it was just love at first sight

"Love at first sight? Super dumb" Jovie scoffed next to me. I quickly shut down my phone.

"Whatever"

"So the guy was Claude? I think you too will be cute together" Henry commented.

"Actually! Their love is real but who still believe in love at first sight? Stop refusing it" Jovie said.

"I think there's something off with Charlotte anyway" Shaun stated.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

"She is acting really off, Kara" Jovie added "I don't trust her"

"I too" Herny added "We are just trying to look out for you. Friends don't date others crushes"

I let out a sarcastic laugh at their words "You all are just acting like my brothers, so I can't chose my own surroundings. Sorry but I know Charlotte pretty well and she is one of the best friends I've ever had. Moreover, I'm not fucking in love with Claude!"

I stood up, picking up my stuff and stomping out of the cafeteria. While attracting some pompous people their attention. I didn't actually know where I was heading to but before I acknowledge my surroundings, I bumped into a hard muscular chest, pushing me down to the ground.