Noah

It's weird how your everything goes south with a blink of an eye. That's what happened years ago. Everything was taken away from me and I let it stay like that because I didn't want to be a reason of misery for other people. So, I came out of my hometown and started fresh. I worked my ass off to build this fashion house. It has been eight years since I left what people say family but I've whatever it needs to live off a life.

When I got the resumés of the new designers, someone caught my eyes. Destiny Reynolds. The same Destiny who was the talk of the town, the same Destiny who was or maybe is my brother's girlfriend. What was she doing here? I don't give a fuck about that but something told me to give her this position.

This morning when I saw her standing in my office I saw it on her face. I saw it that she recognised me. She was shocked but not scared. An emotion which I see in people's eyes whenever I pass them. An emotion which excites women to spread their legs. She has grown into a fine ass woman. More gorgeous. More stunning and definitely a source of distraction. I shooed her away after doing the general introduction because if she would have stood there a minute longer, maybe I would have requested Andrea to leave us alone. That would be my dick messing with my head. But she was never mine and now is not the time to drool over a fine piece of ass from the past. I have only one thing to focus on and that's my work.

Henry, my best friend and my business partner knocked on my door putting a stop on my trail of thoughts.

"Thinking of new positions to fuck?", he smirked.

"I'm not a pervert like you. It's not the time to think about pussies."

"Says the man who have fucked the half of New York."

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here? Don't you have any work? Or if you are really bored then go fuck one of your whores. Stop bothering me."

"Who pissed in your coffee bro?"

"Maybe you."

He laughed. Someday I'll kill this fucker. "Let's have lunch together. Like old times."

"Old times? It's a fucking ritual to have lunch together"

"Then try to remember that ritual. Soon, there will be a rush with the fashion week and we will not get these chances. Let's go."

Eight years and still nothing has changed. I might have lost my family but I got a person whom I respected and loved as a brother. He can be annoying as hell but he knows everything about me. He's always there for me.

"Fine."

We went down to the cafeteria. Already it was filled with people. After all it's the best cafeteria. Just when we were ready to order, women started batting their eyelashes at me and Henry. He winked at them and I kept my expression still. I try to maintain a platonic relationship with my employees but sometimes you just need to cool off. But right now I decided to stick with our floor receptionist, Nancy.

I looked around and saw Destiny sitting with her teammates. I looked at her today through the cameras and she really didn't take the job for granted. She worked the whole time she was in the work space until Amelia dragged her to the cafeteria. She was focusing too hard on her sandwich as if it can double itself if she focuses a bit more. I deliberately went around and conversed with my employees.

When I reached her table every one of her team mates greeted me with a respectful nod except her. She was still busy focusing on her sandwich. I asked her the most normal question which a boss asks his employee on her first day. Though I wanted to ask her a lot of questions but I decided to keep it to myself. The reply I got from her seemed to be different. This was not the girl I knew from Beverly hills. What happened in the past eight years that made her like this? Without encouraging those thoughts, I passed them and went to have my lunch.

Henry asked,"What's the matter, dude? You seem too interested with the new girl?"

"She has a name, Henry and no I'm not interested in her. I was just checking up on her."

"I don't know her name. I was away when the resumés came in. So, it was you who did the selection."

"Her name is Destiny."

His eyes went large as if it's going to pop out anytime. "Like Destiny, Destiny?"

I looked at him and let out a sigh, "Yes."

He chuckled, "Destiny came to change your destiny. I like that."

"No."

"What no? Why are you not doing anything about her? It's Destiny.", he sounded excited.

"I know it's Destiny but if I do something it will mess things up. And for god's sake it's her first day. I don't want to scare the shit out of her."

"You wouldn't know until you make a move."

"What are you? A love guru?"

"I have to become one when I have a dumbass friend like you. The way she said your name, it was clear that you didn't show any sign of recognition towards her."

"Yes."

"Great. Like what was going in your head Mr. Anderson?"

"Stop with your advice. We have much more concerning issues which needs our attention."

"I'll see till how many days you can avoid her."

"Okay, Daddy, let's get back to work."

"Aye aye, Anderson. That's what my girls call me when I do the deed. If you really want to call me that then meet me at my house tonight."

I kicked his leg and he let out a silent groan. Fucking asshole.

It took years to leave everything behind and I'm not going to mess that up just for the girl.