Destiny

Father. A word which means so much to a daughter. Her first hero, her first mentor, her whole world. When that person leaves you to your misery your whole world falls apart.

When I got the call from him this morning I was shocked. I wanted to be happy that finally my father contacted me, finally he remembered his own daughter but I couldn't find any happiness. My heart was too bruised to be happy. I was glad that Noah took over the call. Though he was able to ease my tension after the lunch but still the phone call is in my mind. The decision I need to make.

After he left, Liam, Amelia and Luna came running beside me. He poked me on the shoulder and asked, "So, that's how daddy treats you?"

I drew my eyebrows together and looked quizically at him. "Daddy?"

"Yeah, Noah Anderson is a total daddy. How is he in bed?" I looked at him in disbelief but then we all burst out in laughter.

"Liam, I'm not going to discuss about my sex life with my fiancé and when that fiancé happens to be our boss."

"Wait, fiancé? Are you engaged, Des?", they were gawking at me when I nod at them. I turned the beautiful diamond in the palm so that it doesn't attract much attention. It's not like I don't want to flaunt my fiancé but I just didn't want anyone in the office to feel uncomfortable. Luna screamed, "No fucking way. You are soon-to-be Mrs. Anderson? Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't want to affect our friendship."

Amelia looked confused. "Why will it affect our friendship?"

"I love you guys a lot and I wanted to share the news of my engagement. But I got scared that this news might change our equation. Even when I get married to him I'll still be your Destiny. The Destiny with whom you share everything. The Destiny who relies a lot upon you. The Destiny who loves you like anything. When I first came to New York I had no one. Then I met Liv and she became my everything. She became my family. And when I got this job you guys became the rock for me. My family. So, I don't want to change our equation, guys."

I could see the unshed tears in Amelia and Luna's eyes while Liam was already crying like a baby. Three of them hugged me tight. "Nothing will change between us, Des. You'll always be our captian.", Liam said in between his tears. We giggled at each other. I'm the luckiest girl to get such great friends around me.

At the strike of five, we heard a knock at the door. Noah was leaning against the doorframe with a smile sexy as hell. It makes me want to jump on him. Looking at him makes me giddy. I ran towards him and he welcomed me in his embrace.

"Are you ready to go?"

"If I say no will you listen?"

"No."

"I guessed it."

"Whatever work you have we can take that home. I can help you with your work and you can help me with mine?"

"Paperworks? Nah! But you can help me by giving your honest feedback to my designs.", then I whispered, "And then maybe we can turn those boring paperworks into something spicy."

"Oh I intend to do so, soon-to-be Mrs. Anderson. Go grab your things." I nod at him and went to grab my things. My friends already packed there stuff to leave for the day. They were smiling looking at our exchange and I can't stop smiling like a school girl. When I packed everything, Noah picked me up in his arms- bridal style. I gasped. "Noah, what are you doing?"

"I told you I'll pick you up and run away?"

"I thought you didn't mean it literally."

"I mean everything literally when it comes to you.", giving special pressure on literally. I could see the desire in his eyes. He kissed me and took me out of my floor and finally out of the office.