Noah

"Hello!"

I heard a joyous laughter from the other side. "Dude, we did it."

"What do you mean?"

"Jacob Dickson is behind the bars. Didn't you see today's news?"

"No, I was a bit busy with Des in the morning then I came straight to the office and had back to back meetings. Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am. Look into the tabloids, bro."

"This is great news. And what about the company?"

"Sixty per cent of their shares are under our control."

"Good and the paperworks?"

"Today I'll take our lawyer to get those paperworks and officially we'll own  Merci."

"Great news."

"You don't even know how excited I am? I always wanted to ruin that bastard."

I chuckled and answered, "That's why I want you to take over Merci."

"Now, stop right there. I'm not going to run that company alone. Right now the situation of the company is devastating. We have to start afresh and for that I need you. This will be a challenge Noah. If we need are investors and our board members to trust us we need to pull this off."

"My oh my, I got so emotional. Henry Evans needs me!"

"Hahaha very funny. When did I ever neglected your efforts?"

"Never never.", I smiled.

"By the way what's the investor situation?"

"Not as devastating as I thought."

"What does that mean?"

"They were upset about the video."

"Like upset whom?"

"Upset on Jacob and the situation. I thought they'll blame Des but that didn't happen. I guess Elizabeth have something to do with it."

"Thank goodness."

"The board members though wanted created some problems."

"Why am I not surprised?"

"I had to present investment reports to them to show that everything is fine and also the Jacob Dickson news gave us the stable base."

"Nice."

"Fine, I have to go."

"Best of Luck."

"The ball is in our court brother and I know how to play with it."

'i know." I smirked and hung up. Everything is going well. Once I get the confirmation that Merci is officially ours.

Destiny has been really strong this whole time. She agreed on seeing a psychiatrist. She went for one session and she said she felt good. It was seen in her eyes that she felt good.

She doesn't know about the takeover but since Jacob's news are all over the news she knew about it. Was she happy about the news? No, she was indifferent. Jacob may have taken interest in this whole situation but he's not to blamed much. The main culprit is Nathan. Until and unless he pays for his sins I'll not stop.

************************************

I reached home and saw Olivia and Destiny watching a movie. Both of them were cuddling and focused on the screen. But I can see the gears whirling in my darling's head. I went straight to our bedroom and get freshen up. When I came down, they already finished the movie and I could see years in both of their eyes. I went running to her.

"Baby, why are you crying? Liv, what happened?"

"The movie. They got their happy ending."

"What?"

Then Des spoke, "They looked so cute together."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because I'm happy."

I chuckled. And here I thought she got a panick attack. How can I forget the fact that this sweet girl is really an emotional person. From the very childhood, she used to cry at happy endings and quite unusually she used laugh while horror movies while other kids used to be shit scared. I know, I know, she's weird but that's what I like about her. After the incident somewhere I lost my sweet girl but today I can again see her in front of me crying at happy endings.

I pulled her in a hug and kisses her hair, "I remember your unnatural reactions to movies. How can I not, when you hugged me at our kitchen because the movie ended at a happy note. That was our first hug. You were crying so hard. I went to comfort you and you hugged and narrated me the whole movie."

"You remember that?"

"Of course, I do. I remember all our firsts."

"Firsts do matter but I understood one thing that being last matters the most and I want you to become my lasts."

"And I promise you that I'll become your last."

"I know."

Then we got interrupted by Liv's crying. We shifted our gaze and Liv wrapped in Henry's embrace. When did the fucker entered the penthouse? And he's consoling.

"Liv, it's okay. Let's go. I know you are happy but you don't have to cry. You can save those tears for later. You'll need it." And he got smacked. Quite natural.

Des lifted her gaze at me and a playful smile played on her face. "I told you. The cupid in me never goes wrong with her instincts."

I laughed. "Henry?"

"You carry on with your kisses, I'm taking my girl away."

"Wait! When did she become your girl?"

"Two days."

"And who was going to tell me?"

"No one."

I looked at Des and the way she was smiling up at me it was evident that she knew. "And why not?"

"Because I don't need an extra mouth to tease me."

"That I'll do."

We laughed. It's been a week since we smiled without any baggage and this smile will not go away. Not at any cost. My sweet girl has finally started to fight her way out of that dark place and I'll help her to do that every way possible.