Destiny

I steadied myself before coming out of the washroom. Wiping off my tears I put on my confident face and joined my friends.

"What did the devil in disguise say?", Niall asked.

I gave a hesitant smile and said, "He just appreciated about our designs."

"Am I dreaming? He appreciated?"

"He did appreciate the designs in the conference room, so, it should not be a shock."

"I know but still."

"There's not but. We have a fashion week to pull off. We need to start making the dresses and also we need to contact the models."

"Aye aye, Captain. I already had a talk with our team models. We just have to make the dresses."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get back to work."

That's the best I could do. Throwing myself in the heap of work to distract myself. The words I heard there are still ringing in my ears and every time toring my heart into pieces. So, I did what I do the best. Make the dresses.

Time went by really fast. One by one everyone was leaving and I also decided to sign off for the day.

When the elevator door opened at ground floor I saw a tall silhouette standing right in front of the entrance. It was Noah. Without thinking much about the situation I decided to walk past him. Just when I was about to do so, a strong palm wrapped around my elbow. I turned to see him standing inches apart from me.

"Do you have any work for me, Mr. Anderson?"

"No bu-"

"Then I would love to sign off for the day."

"We need to talk."

"No, we don't and you made that very clear."

"Look what I said there was not intentional."

"You don't have to give any explanation to me."

"I have to."

"No. Just keep this thing in mind that if someone insults me unnecessarily, I won't back off from putting them in their place. Even if he's my boss."

Something changed in his face. I could tell that he's guilty but amused?! What made him so amused? Not my concern.

"Sir, if you don't have anything to say, then please let me leave."

Without fighting me anymore he let go of my hand and again I ran away from him.

When I reached home the door was already unlocked and I understood Olivia invited herself in. She knows when I need her. I thought I would be able to keep my boss omitted from our conversation but I guess it changes today.

I entered my apartment and saw Liv in the kitchen making dinner.

"Oh, hey, you are here? Go freshen up. The dinner is almost ready "

"Liv, I love you."

"I know but you can thank me more by introducing me to your hot colleagues."

"I don't have any hot colleagues."

"Or maybe your celibacy has taken away your strength to detect eye candies."

I laughed. After a long day, it was the most genuine laugh. She's hilarious.

"Fine. Let me get freshen up and then we can talk over dinner."

"Yup."

I went off to my bathroom for a nice, cold shower. After a long shower, I joined her for dinner.

"That was longer than usual."

"You count my shower times? You sure you are not falling in love with me?"

"Ha ha! Very funny. Remember we used to live together before you shift into this shoebox?"

"Yeah, I do.",  I smiled at her. "Eventful day, Liv."

"What happened?"

I sighed and said, "You remember I told you the reason why I left Beverly Hills?"

"Yeah, because of your shitty ex."

I have a small nod. "And also how I had a crush on my ex's elder brother?"

"Wait. Where are you going with this?"

"Well, he's my boss now."

"What!!", Just the reaction I was expecting.

"Calm down."

"How can I calm down? Wait, so these whole two weeks you were in the same premises as your crush."

"Yes and I will be staying till they kick me out of that very premises."

"They won't."

"I don't know. Apparently, I slapped him and I told him I don't regret it."

"Wait! Why did you slap him?", she sounded curious.

"Because she called me his brother's whore."

She looked stunned. Blood rushing to her face and as much as I know she's fucking raging.

"What did he call you? I'll fucking kill that bastard."

"You don't have to. I already slapped him."

"Do you regret it?"

"Which part of 'I told him I don't regret it' you didn't understand?"

"That was the heat of moment. I'm talking about right now."

"No, I don't."

"That's good. So, did he try to apologise?"

"Yes, on my way out. That's when I told him I'll slap him again if it requires."

"What was his reaction?"

"He seemed.... amused."

She shook her head and said, "Men."

"Whatever it is, I can't lose my job, Liv."

"You won't, Des. Chill."

"I hope so."

"But I want you to do something for me."

"I don't like the sound of it but fine, speak."

"I want us to go clubbing this weekend and I'm not taking a no for an answer. We need to officially celebrate your new job. Please."

"Fine."

She jumped and hugged me. Before I would have denied all sorts of outing but now I think I'll take it. Free drinks and crazy dance floors won't be that bad, right?!