Noah

Destiny was sitting in front of me staring at the phone. The person over the phone was hesitant to speak but he still continue to talk. Looking at her situation I took the phone and spoke, "Hello, Mr. Reynolds."

"Ah! Noah. How are you son?"

"I'm fine. Thank you. How are you?"

"Alive. How is my daughter?"

"Fine.", the audacity of this man calling Destiny his daughter when he was the one who kicked her out of his house when she needed her father the most.

He sighed over the call. "I heard you guys are together."

"You heard that right, sir."

"Sir.", he repeated with a low chuckle. "When did we become so formal, Noah?"

"When I heard, that you abandoned your own daughter when she needed you the most.  When I heard, you blamed her for her mother's death.", I said to him coldly.

"Right. Not really proud of that."

"There's nothing proud in kicking out your child, sir."

"I know."

I look over my shoulder to see Destiny sitting in the same position like a rock. "Can I ask you the purpose of this call?"

"Yes. Actually, I wanted to talk to my daughter.... in person."

"I don't know if-"

"Please, Noah. Just this one time. Please."

I sighed and said, "I'll see what I can do but I can't promise you anything."

"Fine. If you can make up her mind then please contact me. We can meet somewhere."

"Goodbye, Mr. Reynolds."

"Goodbye, Noah." And with that he hung up. I turned to see Destiny standing right behind me. Her beautiful ocean blue eyes staring at me blankly. "Darling-", I started but she interrupted me. "I'm not meeting him, Noah."

"Fine. Let's sit down first.", I took her hand and led her to the bed. "Listen, baby, I know whatever he did to you is not justified but I think you should at least listen to what he has to say."

She looked at me with rage and pain. "Why? Give me one good reason why should I listen to him. All those years ago I begged him to listen to him. I wanted to tell him that they didn't raised a whore. I wanted to tell him that I didn't know anything about that video. I wanted to tell him that I was raped but did he listen? He didn't. He threw me out of his goddamn house and closed the door on my face. So much so, I was not even allowed to step foot at my mother's funeral. Now tell me Noah do you think I should give that man to explain himself?", she was seething. Fire rolling down her cheeks. I drew her closer and hugged her tight. God, how much has she went through alone. Fuck, I want to kill myself right now.

"I'm so sorry, baby.", She was shaking in my embrace. God why did you choose her to fight these battles. "Des, baby, listen to me. I'm not going to force you to do anything. If you want to meet him, then, I'll be there with you. If you don't want to meet him, then also fine. I'll let him know that you are not interested. The world can go fuck themselves but I'll always stand by you. I love you, Des."

She pulled me in a tighter embrace while kissing my heart. "I know, Noah. I love you. Give me time to think and I'll let you know."

I pulled back and held her cheeks in my hand and said, "Take all your time, love. This time everything will happen according to your terms." She gave a nod and nuzzled in my chest. I'll go to any extent to protect my sweet, beautiful girl.