Destiny

Two weeks went by with the blink of an eye. And I was right the whole time that I got the best team mates ever. They were helping me at every stage. I told Olivia about it and she was so goddamn jealous.

"Listen, sweetheart, if I get a notice that you are somehow replacing me as your best friend, then I'll kill you."

"Chill, Liv. No one is going to replace you. They are an addition to my friend list. Do you get that?"

"Good. Don't you dare replace me."

"I won't."

She can be a fucking baby sometimes. But that's Liv and I love her for that. I skipped the additional information about my boss because if she gets to know, she would make me do weird ass shits.

These past weeks have been really stressful. With the fashion week coming up, everything is going on a rush. I did a wonderful job in avoiding Mr. Anderson. But I can't avoid him today. Today we have to showcase our best designs as a team and of course the boss have to be there.

We went into the meeting room and there he was sitting with utter elegance and sophistication. Was it awkward? Of course, it was. With him was a really handsome guy but who was he? Niall understood my curiosity and whispered, "That's Henry Evans, the other boss."

He was really charming. He also wore a three piece suit but he's so different from his partner. He has a certain sparkle in his eyes and he has a welcoming expression.

All other teams were also there. Everyone was busy in giving their best so that there designs gets selected for the fashion week. After three groups, it was our turn. Every design till now turned out to be amazing and I'm nervous. What if our designs gets rejected!?

Mr. Evans said, "Group four, please present your designs to us."

Amelia went up for the presentation. She was presenting it really well and just when I was breathing a sigh of relief, Mr. Anderson said, "Who drew these designs?"

"It's a team effort, sir. But the basic ideas were from my other three teammates."

"Good. But don't you think that the designs are too common! We have seen such designs before."

"Yes, but the materials we are using and the price in which we will be selling will be different from those fashion houses."

"But still do you think that it's ideal for showcasing in the fashion week?"

Amelia went still. The designs were indeed a bit common.

Mr. Evans said, "If your team has any other designs, you can show it to us."

And then I interrupted, "We do, sir, but for that I have to go to our work space once."

Every eyes were on me. Even my team members were shocked.

"Sure."

I ran out of the room and brought some of my personal designs. After we were done showing those designs, Mr. Evans, clapped.

"Stunning. I never knew that summer dresses can be this gorgeous. I like that. What about you, Anderson?"

He gave a stern look and then said, "I like that. These designs are finalised."

"Nice. This is why team effort and cooperation is required for a successful project."

I smiled at him but then Amelia interrupted, "No sir, this is not a team effort. These were Destiny's personal designs. Whatever designs we had, were really ordinary but she saved us at the end."

"You drew this?" Mr. Evans asked pointing at me.

"Yes, sir. I love to draw new designs and I'm happy that I was of some use to my team mates. These wouldn't have been possible without them."

"We need passionate people like you in our fashion house. These designs are wonderful. Congratulations."

Every on of my team mates were proud and happy. Other teams were also happy for us. I guess this is family. The only person who successfully maintained the stern expression in the whole room was Mr. Anderson. That guy has turned into a stone.

After all the groups were done with their presentation and the designs were finalized everyone was dispersing from the room. I was just out the door, when Mr. Anderson said, "Ms. Reynolds, can I have a word with you?"

Excitement and uneasiness both ran throughout my body. What does he want to talk about? I told my friends to carry on.

"Yes, Mr. Anderson."

"Please, come to my office with me."

I gave a simple nod and Mr. Evans were smirking like a school boy. We went up to his floor. The whole elevator ride was silent. When we entered his room he locked the door. I was a little jumpy when he locked it.

"Ms. Reynolds, those designs were really good."

"Thank you."

"What brought you into designing?"

"I guess love for dresses. I always wanted to design clothes. It was there in me and I love to draw. So, that's another reason."

He then started to walk towards me. He stopped right in front of me and leaned on the desk with his arms, locking me in his beautiful cage.

He whispered, "Why are you hear, Destiny?"

The way my name rolled on his tongue, it sent shivers from head to toe. I went still but still managed to whisper, "Because I wanted to live my dreams and I didn't know that you were the boss."

"If you would have known, what would you have done about that?"

"I don't know. Please, Mr. Anderson, let me go."

He ignored my request and said, "What about my brother? Aren't you missing him? Living so far away from your lover boy?"

He came closer. "With all due respect, my personal life must not be a matter of concern for you."

"Ooh! My brother taught his whore really well."

And I slapped him. I was raging. How dare he is? "I'm no one's whore. I never was and I never will be."

Without wasting a minute I stormed off his office. If he wants to play dirty then I'll also play dirty. Throughout my life I wanted him to notice me but he didn't. And now he has the fucking audacity to call me his brother's whore. I thought I knew him but I was wrong. I'll never be able to figure out these Anderson's. Bloody asshole. I went straight to the washroom and let fresh tears roll down my cheeks. This was supposed to be one of the best days in all these years. This was supposed to be my day but happiness is not written in my stars. Everything has to ruin at the end. This was happening for the past years and I must get used to it but how can you get used to the bad things. The things which ruins everything for you at the end.