Noah

When Destiny entered into my office today, I was expecting another slap. Instead she accepted my apology. I saw her since we were kids. Always such a princess with cute pigtails. She was always kind to everybody. When she was not looking at me, I used to looks at her. There was a certain calmness in her which used to put me at ease.

I called her waiting right in front of her apartment for our official date.

"I'm here."

"In front of my shoebox?!"

"Yes, in front of your shoebox."

"Okay. Wait for five minutes, I'll be there."

"Take as much time as you need. I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

After almost fifteen minutes she appeared. She came down looking like a man's dream. She wore a black knee length dress and black heels to pair with it. God, she looks gorgeous. The moment she saw me, she came running towards me and threw her arms around my neck, pulling me into a tight hug. I kissed her hair to inhale her strawberry fragrance.

Without breaking the hug she said, "You look handsome."

I chuckled and said, "You look as gorgeous as always."

She pulled apart and looked me in the eye. I wrapped my hands around her waist and kissed her neck. She feels so good in my arms.

"Are we going to stand here all night?"

"I don't have any problem as long as you are beside me."

"Since, when did you start becoming a hopeless romantic?"

"Since, I met you. You don't know a lot of things about me Ms. Reynolds."

"That's your perspective, Mr. Anderson. I know you more than anyone knows you."

"I can see shining confidence in your eyes. Let's test it today."

"Okay, then you have to be ready for your test too."

"As my girl wants."

She giggled and said, "This will be fun."

We hopped in the car and drove to The Garden of Eat'n. One of the best restaurants to serve authentic Asian dishes.

"A table was booked under Noah Anderson."

"Yes, sir. This way." The receptionist lead the way to our table.

"The place looks expensive.", Destiny said.

"Does it make you feel awkward. You can tell me. We can go to a place of your choice. Actually I thought it will be a good place for our first date."

Her eyes soften and she said, "It's perfect. Just that it's been years since I have set foot in restaurants like this."

I understood something was wrong. There's a lot of things that changed in these past years. What happened after I left? Why is she even living in that shitty neighborhood? And why is she setting foot in these restaurants after ages? Her family is one of the elite families of our town, then why is she living like this. Was it because of her stubbornness to be independent or is it something else? There were so many questions unanswered but I have to wait for it. She told me to wait and I'll do that for her.

"Noah, what happened?", She shook me out of my thoughts.

I smiled at her and said, "Nothing. Let's order."

The waiter came in and I deliberately ordered Pad Thai noodles and like thunder Destiny shouted, "Stop!"

"What happened?"