3 : Elimination

edited: 08 | 19 | 2016

warning: light swearing; spelling and grammatical errors may occur and i deeply apologize if you do see any errors, hopefully ill reread it tomorrow

note: i combined three chapters: "Chapter 3: The Elimination Round", "Chapter 4: Sky Labryinth Part 1" and "Chapter 5: Sky Labryinth"

jesus i dont even know i spelled labryith right

× ×

After the encounter with the two strangers - whose names, you've learned, were Sting ( the blonde one) and Rogue ( the black-haired one ), you, along with Natsu, Lucy and Happy,  headed back to the inn where the guild as assigned to stay at for the duration of the Grand Magic Games. When you entered the inn, the four of you realized you were the last ones to arrive.

The moment Natsu had barged into the rooms, he started a fight with Gray, and within five minutes they had nearly made a hole in the floor. Erza pried the two off of each other before proceeding to yell at us for being late; and then she yelled at Natsu and Gray and told then to "just get along with each other."

"Wait - where's Wendy?" you suddenly piped up the moment you hsd realized that the young bluenette was nowhere in sight; last you remembered, Wendy and Charles had went to see the grand palace: Mercurius.

Everyone besides you then started looking around the room, also realizing that she - and here exceed were nowhere to be found.

"She hasn't come back yet," Lucy uttered, her panicked expression giving away what she was feeling, "and it's almost midnight, what could she still be doing at this hour?!"

The door suddenly bursted open, and everybody's heads turned, praying that it was Wendy and Charles; they would say they got lost on the way back - or maybe they stopped to get food, and then Wendy would apologize again and again for worrying us, and, again and again, we would tell her it was fine. All our worries would disappear - just like that.

But it wasn't Wendy.

It was Elfman and Lisanna; Elfman was carrying a case of bottles with ease, it seemed that all the training that he had done paid off. The drinks and snacks they had brought helped to lighten the panicked mood that had settled around the room just moments ago - well, it helped lighten the boys' moods.

Lisanna and Elfman set the refreshments they had brought down on the table, the contents of the case creating a noise as the case was carelessly dropped onto the table. Lisanna shot Elfman a mini-glare before she turned to us and clapped her hands together, a bright smile on her face; as opposed to our worried frowns.

Erza stood up and took quick strides towards Lisanna, "Perfect timing, Lisanna! I really appreciate the snacks you brought over for us, but can I ask you a favor?"

She looked confused for a moment before her expression changed to one of curiousity. "Sure - of course, what is it you want me to do?"

"You see, Wendy hasn't come back yet and all the participating members are supposed to be in their designated inn before midnight - it was stated in the rulebook. So, can you-"

The clock inside your room suddenly let out a long 'dong' and the entire room suddenly became still, your [e/c] eyes widening in shock as you felt hope slowly drain from your system. You muttered profanities under your breath before you looked at the others, whose expressions were similar to yours.

"Beginning now, we're going to take the 113 teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight teams!" a voice suddenly boomed throughout the city.