14 : Fairies vs. Tigers ; Day Four of the Games

» edited : 12.30.2016

this is me trying to make up for the two months of absence. hope you like the chapter guys :)))

also it's already 1 : 45 in the morning over here. so please forgive me if i happen to screw something up.

jesus i fell asleep in the middle of writing smh.

- Acnologia_Slayer

x x

You didn't know if the kiss lasted two seconds, or two minutes. 

But when Sting pulled away, panting lightly, you didn't care if all of eternity would pass you by. Sting provided you with real comfort, even if three days ago you would happily have smashed his face against the pavement.

You found yourself grabbing onto the silky fabric of his shirt, wanting your lips to meet again. Sting allowed a brief, innocent kiss, before he moved away from you.

"I have to go soon, " he muttered sadly, "I'm not even supposed to be here in the first place."

Sting got to his feet, and took little, lonely steps towards the door. It was a massive difference to when he eagerly rushed towards you earlier. Before the both of you knew it, he was already at the doorway, sparing one last look at you.

"You better not do something stupid like that again, " he warned you. When you snorted, he raised an eyebrow.

"That's rich, coming from you."

He huffed, offended, and continued to babble for a minute or so, before he spoke a reluctant goodbye and scurried away. He left the door wide open in his wake.

And you sneaked out of the infirmary, despite every bone and muscle in your body, aching, complaining not to.

» time skip

"Yo, did I miss anything, " you say coolly, sliding into the booth as if the past hour had not probably been the most excruciatingly painful in your entire life.

Erza's head snapped in your direction, and it looked like she was battling between looking furious and looking concerned.

"What are you-?!" she was interrupted by the emcee, who began hollering loudly into his microphone.

"Fairy Tail's Natsu and Gajeel versus Sabertooth's Sting and Rogue!!" he booms, "All four of these wizards possess Dragon Slaying Magic!"

The crowd began screaming with all their might. They began chanting the name of the wizard they believed would win. Soon, it became an irritating chorus of noise, that only intensified when the four males appeared on the battlefield.

They stood on opposite ends : Sting and Rogue claiming one side of the arena and Natsu and Gajeel taking the other. The four of them were staring each other down, and Sting looked to be enjoying all the attention he was receiving.

You could feel the hostility radiating off of the four Dragon Slayers.

Chapati makes more comments, which only riled the spectators up even more, and his words end up drowning in the sea of noise that only expanded more and more.

Sting and Natsu started conversing, and, once again, everything was too loud for you to point out anything specific.

With a flourish, they announced that the match had officially begun. And you watched, as the four immediately went at each other - mercilessly.

» time skip 

"Dragon Slayer's Secret Art : Crimson Lotus Exploding Flame Edge!

In the midst of their battle, they had managed to tunnel deep underground the arena, and the intensity of their magic power cause tremors that made the sturdy, old arena shake.

There was a burst of fire, and the receding flames could be visible even several dozen feet above where the battle actually took place. The building shook again, and the Lacrimas provided to allow spectators to watch the underground battle suddenly turned to static.

For a minute, the Lacrimas were nothing but grey screens of fuzz, that the emcees were hurriedly trying to fix.

For a minute, the crowd, which had been previously screeching and yelling to no end, suddenly fell silent.

For one painful minute, you wondered if Sting was going to be all right.

The Lacrimas began working again, and it was as if the entire arena breathed a sigh of relief. But the sight displayed was anything but relieving : Sting and Rogue lied on the floor, and they remained motionless even as the seconds ticked by.

The entire arena burst into cheers, louder than ever before, and Gray started whooping. Judging by everyone's exhilaration, it seemed like you were the only one who was worried about the defeated Dragon Slayer, who slammed his fist against the rock in frustration.