15 : The Final Day of the Games

» edited : 01.05.2017

[ a/n ]:

i decided to skip the part where you comfort Sting [ lol does anybody even remember that?? ] and i also decided to make the final day of the grand magic games only 1 chapter, so we can get it over with.

hope it's all right with you guys :)

x x

"It seems that Fairy Tail has decided to swap their members, " Chapati paused, as both he and the crowd absorbed the unsuspected piece of information, "in place of Natsu Dragneel is. . ."

"(Y/N)?" Sting whispered, giving you a puzzled look. Minerva jabbed his rib with her elbow, shooting him a scornful look, and Sting quickly looked down.

You beamed, unaware of what happened to Sting, strutting forward as the people gave you warm applause, greatly impressed by the shows you had put on during your time in the Games. 

The crowd seemed to have doubled - tripled even. The seats were cramped, individuals wrestling for a free space or a nice spot to watch the Games in. As a consequence, they were much louder. Each spectator had a different preference, and they all screamed and bellowed, hoping for their chants to get through to the players. When they caught a stranger cheering for the same guild, they would begin shouting with newfound vigor. The players were flattered by the support, but greatly irked by the unpleasant mixture of yells that their "cheering" had become.

They were all hungry for one last hurrah before the Games officially ended, and the winners would be crowned. The crowd showed it in the awkward fidgets as they anticipated the satisfying action to come ; they showed it in the banners they made just for the occasion, painting the name of their favorite guild in bright, bold letters, hoping it would stand out amidst all the heads and arms flailing about.

After a few minutes of an uncharacteristic lack of commentary from the emcees, Chapati picked up the microphone and restated the rankings of each team. You didn't listen ; and you were sure the crowd, too consumed in their elation, didn't either.

"It's the final day of the Grand Magic Games!" Chapati boomed, earning loud cheers that had finally been synchronized. "For today, it will be a survival game wherein everybody participates!" He droned on about the rules, which were straightforward and fair. You kept spacing out, mentally running through the plan that had been mapped for you.

"Now, " he says, "let the final day of the Grand Magic Games begin!"

» time skip

Calmly, you walked.

The ends of the backless dress you put on just for the occasion fluttered behind you, powerless against the breeze. It had been exactly eighteen minutes since you started moving around, and, as predicted, you had encountered nobody.

Your boots were light, making only soft noises against the cobblestone pavement, which was still in peak condition with the exception of a few cracked bricks and loose stones. Other than the scuffs of your boots, it was noiseless. Even the deafening cheers that was generated by the spectators that remained at Domus Flau had vanished in the breeze.

That same silence lingered as an empty plaza slowly became clearer and clearer. Involuntarily, you picked up your pace, your walk evolving to a jog. You remained wary, as you were never given any specifics as to where your opponent would be located ; all you knew was that you would find her somewhere in a plaza that was completely identical to the thorough description you were provided.

Just as you were about to venture to the right side of the plaza, a flash of navy blue caught your eye. Immediately, you froze in your tracks.

There, in the center of a plaza, was a water fountain made of light brown marble, with three tiers that perpetually poured out crystal clear water. A dragon hatchling made of smooth, unblemished dark obsidian stood on the very top, its tail coiling around the fountain's tiers. Its small, webbed wings were fanned out at its sides, and its claws groped at air ; the hatchling's mouth was wide open, with a stream of water pouring out of it and into the fountain.

Minerva was sitting on the ring of marble that prevented the gathering water from spilling, with her legs crossed. When you made eye contact, she smirked darkly.

"I was expecting someone like Titania, " she admitted, "something challenging. But seeing the look of despair on your face when I defeat you again is going to be just as satisfying." When she finished her sentence, she raised her arm, which was fitted with a long glove that stopped just below her shoulder.

You copied her action, making her raise an eyebrow.

"Queen Dragon Slayer's Secret Art, " you chanted, and for a moment, her eyes were consumed with this paralyzing fear, "Blitzkrieg!"

You thrust your hands out in front of you, and a small white orb manifested. Minerva remained still, gazing at the orb, staggering back when there was an explosion of color.

The small orb burst, releasing a maelstrom of elements that viciously lashed out at everything except for the caster. Sparks of yellows from lightning, blazing reds of flames, light blues of strong gales, and the shimmering grays of metal stood out among the flurry. With each passing second, it grew more intense, branding the plaza in its wake.

Minerva was speechless, and you allowed your lips to curl upwards in satisfaction at your almost-guaranteed victory.

For a moment, the raging elements stilled, allowing you a clear view of Minerva's terrified face, before you unleashed the pent-up fury of the storm, with Minerva being at the center of it.

» time skip

After the damage was done, you walked away, already having served your purpose. Minerva had been heavily injured, but you knew the pampered princess could pick her ass up and walk away by herself.

With dignity, you walked again, this time in a more rushed pace as you constantly worried about the state your teammates were in. Both your pace and your worry only doubled when a white flare was shot into the sky, looking identical to Sabertooth's insignia.

This was Sting's doing, you concluded.

So, you started running, assuming that most of the other guilds had already been wiped out in the time you spent grinning to yourself about your victory over Minerva.

And when you finally arrived at the place the flare was shot, it was dark, and the streetlamps were already shining. You were the last one to arrive, as everyone was already there, despite being in physical states a hundred times worse than yours.

"Guys."

They all turned towards you, relieved that you were alright. Picking Minerva as your opponent was wondrously stupid, even for you, and many of them tried talking you out of it. But you remained firm with your decision.

There was a snort. And you turned to look at Sting, who had an easy smile on his face. "I'm going to beat all of you."

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you touch them." Your tone was ferocious, and to back up your claim, you activated your magic once again, shrouding you in a wholly different aura.

"(Y/N)-" Erza began.

"Don't." You cut her off abruptly, "So, you're planning on taking us all down, huh?" Sting's only response was a nod.

"Why the hell are you still trying to fight?" he asks, his eyes glazing over the four other members of the team, "Most of you are too injured or weak to fight, so what's the point?"

You took a risk, walking up to Sting, hearing Gajeel grunt in protest. You tilted your head upwards, looking him dead in the eye.

"We're a family, and I'm willing to get my ass beat for these guys, because I love them," you say, "That's it - really."

He scoffs.

". . .I surrender, goddamn it."

It took you a moment to comprehend what he said, and when you finally did, you breathed a sigh of relief and collapsed on Sting's chest, and you wanted to cry from joy.

x x

okay what the hell this turned out to be shit guys im so sorry im really, really tired and i havent been able to get a good night's sleep in the past three days.

fuck, the next chapter's gonna be better i swear.

- Acnologia_Slayer

[ i signed off twice in one chapter am i okay- ]