6 : Chariot ; Day Two of the Games

» edited: 08 | 28 | 2016

× ×

The next day, you had woken up to the rest of Team Fairy Tail recovering from their hangovers. You decided not to reprimand them for drinking, since it would most likely worsen their headache, and instead, you took a shower and changed.

Afterwards, you waited for everyone else to do the same, before you all headed to Domus Flau together, occasionally stopping when Natsu or Gray said they needed to throw up ( stripper and fire dimbo drank the most out of the team—Erza drank nearly a barrel, and Lucy only lasted four cups before she was out ).

When you arrived in the giant arena, the stands were already filled with spectators who had come to cheer on their favorite guild. You had been informed that the competition for the day had already begun, and you had to choose who would participate on short notice.

In the end, you had decided to choose Natsu, since the Fire Dragon Slayer wouldn't shut up about it. He cheered before walking off at a different direction, while the rest proceeded to the booth, where we could watch Natsu either succeed—or fail. Miserably.

After a few minutes of waiting, the emcees were all revved up and ready to go.

"And now, what you've all been waiting for! The 2nd day of the Grand Magic Games has begun! Our guest on this 2nd day is the reporter for the Weekly Sorcerer: Jason-san!" he yelled, gesturing to the reporter who was sitting beside Yajima.

"Cool~!" the reporter responded.

"Okay, the competition part has already begun! And it's name is—Chariot! This competition takes place on a line of vehicles, and you have to reach the goal without falling off! As the vehicles are alwys moving, a moment of carelessness could led to a misstep! The finish line is Domus Flau, and you can watch the race via Lacrima Vision!" Chapati explained, except nobody from Fairy Tail was listening.

We just had to let the Dragon Slayers participate today.

Your eyes were glued to the Lacrima as it showed three slow-moving, motion sick Dragon Slayers, groaning loudly. They all looked miserable, and the people from Fairy Tail probably felt that way as well. If it came to things like this, Dragon Slayers became more helpless than a child.

You looked at your teammates, wanting to know what their reaction was. Everyone was doubled over, openly expressing how little faith they had in the Dragon Slayers. It would have been funny—if you didn't feel the same way as them.

"Why did Natsu sign up for this!?" Gray whined, softly banging his head against the wall, "I swear to God I'm going to kill him after this!"

"If the motion sickness and the hangover don't kill him first," you pointed out, focusing on the Lacrima once again, "Hey, atleast it I wasn't one who participated. We truly would have been screwed."

Lucy took a seat, staring at the three Dragon Slayers ( Sting was part of the band of motion sick retards, he was suffering as well >:D ) shown on the Lacrima Vision, as they slowly inched forward. Erza mimicked Lucy's action, crossing her legs.

"You might want to take a seat, guys," she suggested, "this—is going to take awhile."

» time skip

In a few minutes, all the other participants, except for our beloved Dragon Slayers, had crossed the finish line, and they all went back to their respective booths to get some rest. The three Dragon Slayers, however, persevered, and were oh-so close to the finish line.

"Move...forward!" Natsu groaned, Gajeel let out a loud shout, trying to overtake the Fire Dragon Slayer. Gajeel's attempts were fruitless and he was stuck pathetically crawling behind Natsu.