8 : A Tux, a Wedding Dress, and a White Cape ; Day Two of the Games

» edited: 09 | 01 | 2016

× ×

"What the hell are you doing here?" you questioned angrily, a bit embarrassed that Sting had seen you in something so, so-girly.

He raised his eyebrow, "Oh? Weren't you the one without a partner?"

"I don't care if I don't have a partner," you replied, crossing your arms, "I don't like you and I'd rather die alone than be seen with you."

Sting chuckled before he suddenly appeared in front of you, picking you up and carrying you, bridal style. You let out a loud yelp, wrapping your arms around Sting's neck so that you wouldn't fall off. This added to his amusement as his face neared yours.

The loud, deafening noise which came from the crowd was suddenly blocked out, and all you could focus on was the cologne Sting was wearing-it smelled nice and wasn't too strong to the point your nose hurted. Your cheeks changed from [s/t] to bright red in a matter of seconds when Sting lightly bit on your ear, chuckling.

"And what's with all this intimacy, (Y/N)?" he questioned, his voice low as he whispered into your ear, "I thought you didn't like me?"

The way those words fell out of his mouth got you turning even redder, and you didn't know why. You grip on his neck tightened, as you were forced to look into his stunning blue eyes, almost getting lost in them. You gulped nervously, wondering where these new emotions came from.

You didn't like these "new emotions". You've never felt with them before, and, consequently, you didn't know how to deal with them.

"I don't want to fall!" you quickly exclaimed, "Now put me down, you golden-haired man stripper!"

"Alright, alright," he said, surrendering to your will. Thank God. "I'm going to pretend you didn't just call me a man stripper and I'm going to let you down now."

He did as he said, putting you back down before he winked at you. After his flirtatious gesture, he walked away, probably to return to his booth. A few seconds later, you did the same, discarding the dress and threatening to wring Natsu's neck ( he was the one who pushed you into the arena ).

With all of the girls gone, Mirajane and Jenny could finally focus on their match, as it still hadn't ended yet. Within a few seconds, Mirajane had completely obliterated Jenny with one blow, leaving the model to run away with red cheeks as the audience ( and Fairy Tail ) cheered for Mirajane.

Mirajane returned to the booth of the other team for Fairy Tail, smiling warmly as her teammates congratulated and complimented her on her easy win. Her eyes were always welcoming and caring, and it was as if you could never provoke her. She was kind-and strong.

"And now, for the final match!" Chapati yelled, "Kagura Mikazuki from Mermaid Heel versus..Yukino Agria from Sabertooth!"

The two fighters, identical to the ones before them, entered the battlefield and stared each other down, trying to intimidate one another; and, just like the fighters before them, they had a bet.

What they betted on? Their lives.

» time skip

After some time, the Mermaid Heel girl ( Kagura ) landed the final blow, and was declared as the winner of the match, which meant the second day of the Grand Magic Games had officially ended. After giving a brief recap of the eight guilds' scores and their standings, the crowd, slowly but surely got up and exited the massive arena.

The guilds stayed behind, patiently waiting for all of the spectators to leave, most probably because they wouldn't get caught in the rush. When only a few citizens remained, most probably to chat about the earlier events, the guild members finally got up and either traveled to their respective inns, or to a bar.