7 : Against the Drunken Hawk ; Day Two of the Games

» edited: 08 | 31 | 2016

[ A/N ]:

here's the chapter you guys really wanted :D

"Where are chapter 8, 9, and 10?"

well THEY DONT EXIST

because of all the merging ive done, there will be a gap in the numbers of the chapters, but i ASSURE YOU that there will be no gap in the storyline

so just read on :D

× ×

"Let's do this."

In his half-drunk state, you knew you could outspeed Bacchus without trying that hard, so you decided to make the first move. You leapt into the air, your cheeks puffing up with fire; Bacchus looked up at you as he remained unmoving, it must have been the effects of the alcohol in his system.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!"

A stream of blazing hot fire left your mouth and hit Bacchus dead-on, making you smirk. You gracefully landed back on the ground, before Bacchus suddenly charged out of the still-dissipating flames, his bare body unharmed; the only thing you managed to dent were the violet armor plates he wore on his arms and some of his upper body.

Despite the alcohol that was most likely in his system, he looked like he had no problem dashing towards you. You didn't expect the pain that had shot out when he elbowed your stomach with great force, sending you flying across the arena. You quickly rose again afterwards-you weren't weak.

"This is going to be fun~!" he drawled out, "You aren't those sad pieces of dirt I usually fight, it's sad, they always give up after one blow-and I wasn't even serious yet! Cheers to a-eh?"

His eyes widened in confusion when you had suddenly appeared by his side, your fist catching fire as you gave him a dangerous look. "The feelings mutual, Bacchus. Oh-and, don't let your guard down in the middle of a battle-"

Your fist was about to make contact with his abdomen when you felt his rough hands wrap around your wrist, grabbing your arm and throwing you to the ground. You let out a grunt of pain, before quickly rolling away when Bacchus was about to throw a punch at your head.

You quickly got up, watching as Bacchus quickly pulled his fist out of the dirt. He rubbed his fist with his other hand, cracking his knuckles afterwards.

"Oi! Why the hell are you getting beat up?!" Natsu suddenly yelled from the booth, cupping his hands around his mouth to make sure you could hear him, "You're supposed to be stronger than me, (Y/N)! I would've kicked his ass by now!"

Your eye twitched in annoyance before you completely ignored Bacchus, and instead, leapt onto the railings of the booth of Team Fairy Tail A. You crouched, looking Natsu directly in the eye, making him gulp nervously; the regret was evident in the look on his face. You grabbed his scarf, pulling his face towards yours.

Everyone from both Fairy Tail teams and from the guild itself gave Natsu pityful glances, because they knew full well that, out of all the Fairy Tail members, Natsu was scared of you the most-the second one being Gray and Happy.

"You were saying, cherry-boy?" you asked dangerously, "How about you try fighting this drunk bastard? Let's see how you like it?"

Natsu whimpered under your apparently terrifying gaze, opening his mouth to reply, but you heard Bacchus' voice instead of Natsu's.

[ note: the term "cherry-boy" refers to either a newbie in the military or a virgin; im using the latter definition in this chapter :D ]