13 : Axolotl ; Day Four of the Games

» edited: 12 . 29 . 2016

[ a/n ]: 

goddamnit. its been forever since i wrote on this book. so i disappear for more than two months and i come back with this shit.

#qualityauthor

x x

A choked gasp escaped your lips as you looked into her merciless, lizard-green eyes as you silently begged . Her lips, stained with dark lipstick, curled up into a snarl. 

Her face neared yours, allowing you a clearer view of the glint of her vicious eyes as she glared you. You and Minerva were separated by a thin line of water, and that same thin line was the border between winning and losing.

"I win." And she dropped you.

» time skip

When you woke up, you were not expecting the sudden, and unbearable amount of pain to barrage you. Overexertion made your bones and muscles ache, and Minerva's beatings caused your body to bruise in several areas of your body.

You also weren't expecting most of Fairy Tail's members flooding your plane of vision. Some were staring directly at you, unsettling you as you wondered just how long they had been looking at you. Others chatted with each other, voices too hushed for you to identify what they were talking about.

At the foot of the bed was Master Makarov, arms crossed, with an incredibly troubled look on his face. You realized everybody else had similar expressions. Nearby, Natsu was pacing back and forth, repeatedly clenching and un-clenching his fists, while Lucy trailed after him. Erza and Gray were conversing with a corner.

Suddenly, you were tackled with such force, your back collided against the headboard with a thud, and everyone's heads snapped towards you.

"I thought you died, you stupid, stupid-!" Flaire didn't finish, instead sobbing loudly, crinkling the ends of your shirt with her trembling paws.

"You're awake!" And suddenly, everyone swarmed your small, wooden bed, where the scent of the previous user still lingered, although faintly. They buzzed endlessly, asking questions, before Makarov pushed them aside with a shout.

"Give the poor girl some space!" And slowly, with disappointed looks, they retired to their previous spot, and the short, aged man cleared his throat.

"How you feeling, child?" he asked good-naturedly.

"Beat up, but I'm doing all right," you answer, stroking Flaire's head affectionately as she was able to let out the last of her tears, "and I'm really sorry, guys. I blew it."

"The hell are you talking about?" Gray asked, marching up to your bed, "You landed in second place - and you scored us eight points!"

"It ain't as flashy as first place, " Natsu admits, before he grinned and gave you a thumbs-up, "but what the hell! It's better than last place!"

"Yes, yes," Master Makarov dismisses the two with a wave of his hand, signalling that he had something to say. The room was suddenly much more quiet. "Since (Y/N)'s now awake, I think it's about time I tell you."

"I don't know if this is supposed to mean good tidings or not, but they told me that Teams A and B must combine, " the old man said, allowing a few seconds for the information to sink in. "Raven Tail was disqualified, resulting in 7 teams - and having an odd number of teams won't work when it comes to match up, therefore both teams must unite. . ."

". . .and we have to choose five members again."

And the look in the old man's eyes as he looked you up and down told you that there was a very slim chance you would be chosen to represent Fairy Tail a second time.

» time skip

Unfortunately, you were right.

After picking five new members, whom Makarov believed to be the strongest and would bring Fairy Tail to sweet victory, everybody slowly filed out of the room. 

You watched them go, wishing you were one of those five lucky members. You wanted to cry. You could already feel your emotions lodging itself in your throat as you tried to hold them down. 

Makarov was the last to leave. Flaire said one last goodbye, giving you a quick hug before she flew out of the open door, and you could hear her chatting with Happy a few moments later.

Makarov lingered by the doorway, his small hand clutching the knob. He smiled sadly, as if to say : I do hope you understand.

You nodded. I do. And Makarov shut the door.

You listened to his retreating footsteps as he walked briskly to try and catch up with the others. That, too, vanished after a few moments, and you were reminded of how lonely you were.

You looked around the empty infirmary, trying to look for a reason to stay up. You found none. It was just you, and at least a dozen small beds that lined either side of the wall.

You fluffed your pillow, one of your hands rubbing your back, which hurt from a mix of Minerva's kicks and Flaire's tackle. You scowled at the thought of Minerva, that snide, little bit-

The door suddenly slammed open, and you cursed, assuming it was either Gray or Natsu, who came to retrieve something they forgot - but you were surprised to find Sting by the doorway, his eyes, which were usually collected and condescending, now frantic with worry and he scanned one end of the room to the other.

When he spotted your bed, he broke into a sprint. You were expecting a tackle, which would slam your entire body against the headboard, and a bone-crushing hug, which would make whatever didn't hurt ache painfully. And, maybe, some waterworks.

But instead, Sting stopped when he reached your bed. You looked at him awkwardly, glued to your spot. Slowly, he rested his hands on your shoulders, and kissed you - as if to say :

Thank God you're all right.