Author Notes

Dear reader,

I am aware there is already a novel (Star Wars: Darth Plagueis) about Palpatine and Plagueis. While it was a good book I feel like it missed a key part of the dark side and the entirety of the tragedy of Plagueis.

Here are two quotes (technically three)  from Star Wars that I am basing my book on:

1.  "Is the dark side stronger?" - Luke Skywalker

"No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive." - Yoda

2. "He had such a knowledge of the Dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from...dying." - Sheev Palpatine

SPOILERS FOR STAR WARS: DARTH PLAGUEIS BY JAMES LUCENO BELOW!!! MORE INFORMATION AFTER SPOILER!!!

The novel by James Luceno is a beloved and important work. My book approaches the Dark Side from a different perspective. I was intrigued particularly by a quote from Yoda in ESB and one by Palpatine in ROTS.

Luceno highlights the cruel, unappealing parts of the Dark Side. Palpatine is an awful person and Plagueis is even worse. Some aspects don't fit into the statements by Yoda and Palpatine in the movies. For example...HOW IS THE DARK SIDE EASIER IF YOU HAVE TO BE STARK NAKED ON A FREEZING PLANET BEING TORTURED WITH A LIGHTSABER!?!?!?! I mean I know its supposed to be training for Palpatine but...WHYYYYYYYY!

According to Yoda as per the quote above. THE DARK SIDE IS EASIER! HOW IS WAS ANY OF THAT TRAINING AT ALL EASY!?!?! As much as the dark side is cool to me I would instantly "nope" out from any training that involved undergoing torture.

In ROTS, Palpatine specifically says Plagueis had ones he cared about. And he wanted to save them from dying. In the Plagueis book there are no loved ones in sight. Also for the Sith it seems that attachment is encouraged since the Sith focus on themselves. Wouldn't that extend to their loved ones as well?

A Jedi would sacrifice a loved one for the world. A Sith would sacrifice the world for a loved one. 

END OF SPOILERS FOR STAR WARS: DARTH PLAGUEIS BY JAMES LUCENO

TRIGGER WARNING: there is a Gungan in this story.

Just to clarify this book takes place in 66 BBY :D

Okay thank you for reading the Author's Note, if you did. I won't take any more of your time with my critique of another author.

Feel free to vote and comment! I hope you enjoy reading my approach to some dark side nonsense!!!

Plot-points and matters in this book are subject to change. I will edit this after I have finished this.