Chapter 2 | The Jedi Council

The meeting was lengthy, seemingly endless to Palpatine. Two Jedi masters attentively stared at him. He wanted to leave. Palpatine longed to dive into his luxurious bed of the Youth Senate Apartment Complex and let sleep take him away from this tiresome world.

The pesky Jedi masters who had barely done anything to save him kept quizzing him over and over. Yoda's voice began to irritate him, reminding him of those cursed Gungans which plagued his beautiful home planet of Naboo.

Palpatine rubbed his temples, having difficulty containing his physical displays of annoyance. He tried to end the meeting by only responding in one-word answers: "Yes. No. Yes. No. Definitely no."

He tried to hint to Jaxious to end this nonsense (elbowing him or trying to catch his gaze), but the Gorrento Youth Senator caught none of the signals.

Palpatine had puzzled over what he would say and keep to himself on the way to the Jedi Temple. His politician mind colliding with his personal affairs. Palpatine was torn whether to tell the Jedi about the appearance or not of the figure who appeared.

And if he mentioned it, how much to reveal, the aura of power he sensed, the yellow eyes. To choose between telling the loathsome Jedi or keeping his savior confidential to avoid betraying his savior.

The attacker had injured a Jedi and had unlawfully murdered terrorists, all of which Palpatine could care less about. The attacker, his savior, had after all saved him. Had the attacker not been there Palpatine would surely be a dead man, his head to be shattered by a terrorist's blaster.

Palpatine chose to say as little as possible while he mulled this over. Sighing deeply, he sat back and nodded along as the proceedings dragged on.

Jaxious added that he had not seen the perpetrator since he was so focused on the dead bodies. Palpatine said he did the same.

Jaxious finally ceased his mindless blabbering after he ran out of things to say. Jaxious clasped his hands together and bowed to the Jedi Masters. "Well, I guess that's it, honorable protecters of the Republic." Palpatine internally rolled his eyes. Tsk, some protecters hm?

Jaxious and Palpatine strode towards the door to leave when the bothersome green thing asked. "Sheev Palpatine, something to say you have?" Palpatine stopped mid-step.

He pivoted away from the door to the wise Jedi. Palpatine smiled pleasantly. "No, Master Jedi." As soon as he turned away his smile faded. Palpatine accompanied Jaxious out of the room.

Yoda mumbled to himself. "Curious." He faced the window overlooking Coruscant. Dooku joined him by his old master's side. "Dooku, what discovered, have you?"

Dooku glanced back to see if the Youth Senators had lingered behind. They hadn't. The younger Jedi master withdrew a HoloGram and clicked the start button. It was less than a ten second clip, "This is a peculiar craft that was seen fleeing the scene."

It was a craft with strange symbols and grooves at the side. The red cloaked rider maneuvered the chaos after the blackout seamlessly. In a split second dived straight down into a tunnel leading to the lower levels. There were no cameras on the lower levels because the cameras had either been scavenged for parts or had been shot down by the unsavory.

"We have reason to believe this may have been perpetrator. Although with the HoloNet droids down whatever footage that may have proven valuable has been lost. It's a guess. The analysis had said the craft is of an unusual design, appearing to look like an average speeder to an untrained eye but if you look closely, it is obviously armed."

Yoda nodded, his eyes half-closed in reflection.

Dooku continued. "The craft was also seen by a witness hovering close nearby and it had infiltrated one of the docking bays according to a Senate Guard. The lights went out a few mere minutes after." Dooku pointed out at various points during the clip.