Chapter 6 | The Galactic Opera House

Palpatine stepped out of his speeder and gazed up at the Galactic Opera House.

The other group members from the anti-cloning coalition had arrived as well. Most had dressed in ostentatious attire to fit in with the ridiculous standards of attending the Galactic Opera House.

Floffi could care less but Nitch Nock realized he had come underdressed and stared around at all the prestigious people sauntering by.

Palpatine sighed deeply and ascended the red carpeted stairs. The rest: the Mandalorian, Alderaanian, and Wookie followed uncertainly. Nitch Nock asked Palpatine. "Do you have any idea where we're going?"

Palpatine answered coolly. "Yes." It was on the instructions, moron. "Did you read the letter?" Nock didn't reply. "Well, we're in box 66. I'll lead you." Palpatine told them.

The group entered the Opera House longue. Palpatine consulted with the front desk registering their names. A few senators gave a friendly nod or wave towards the group.

The Naboo Senator, Brik Delos called out to Palpatine. "Palpatine!" Palpatine turned with a smile prepared, but his face went sour when he spotted two Gungans beside Delos. "Come meet, Representative Klic-Klic Niwi and his Youth Representative Moran Lamro!"

Representative Klic-Klic Niwi shrieked in a grating voice.  "Hot evenin'. Yousa da Youth Senator My've heard mooie-mooie 'bout."

Many of the Senators gave the Gungan Representative a glare then returned to chatting with their non-Gungan friends. Palpatine's face was already heating up. Ugh...Gungans...

Palpatine spun on his heel and strode swiftly away from the scene. Delos called. "Palpatine? Palpatine!"

Jeivin Lan whispered. "Aren't you going to say something?"

"Just keep walking." Palpatine hissed to the group. Floffi and Nock exchanged glances.

"Heyo-dalee, yousa ignorin' uss-ens?" Representative Klic-Klic Niwi screamed once more. Just keep walking. Just keep walking. IGNORE IT! Palpatine did just that, walking, ascending, and avoiding.

Palpatine escaped the Gungans but his annoyance did not decrease. He entered an endless maze of red halls and red staircases. I suppose Bazaron must like red. Palpatine remarked to himself as they climbed yet another flight of stairs.

Floffi roared loudly, complaining about the number of steps. "Hush up, you big furball." Nock pointed to a nearby entrance where soft music and song drifted through.

He put a hushing finger over his lips. Floffi smacked Nock over the top of the head.

In response, Nock shoved Floffi back. "HEY!"

Palpatine spotted a plaque with "Private Box 66" engraved on it. "We're here," he told the others.

Jeivin Lan scolded the sparring Wookie and Mandalorian. "That means shut up. Come on, we're going to be late."

The Mandolorian paused his fight with Floffi to start one with the Alderaanian. Nock argued. "Hey, don't tell me what to do!"

Jeivin Lan responded in an exasperated voice, "I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just giving you a suggestion. Know the difference."

Palpatine took a deep breath and walked ahead of them. The arguing persisted behind him, and he rolled his eyes. Fools. The overhead lights dimmed as he continued walking down the hall.

A green Kalleran guard clad in white and red stood at the door and had a HoloPad in her right hand. The guard looked up at Palpatine's approach.

Palpatine halted in front of them, he narrowed his eyes at all the security. Strange. "Name?" the guard holding the HoloPad demanded.