Chapter 26 | Meet the Family of a Homicidal Sith Teenager

"How is the politician program?" Palpatine's father asked. The distance between them was evident.

Palpatine took a deep breath and responded as calmly as he could. "It's the Youth Senator ship program not a politician program."

"A Youth Senator. A politician. What's the difference?" his father told his son with an edge in his voice.

Palpatine sighed and changed the subject. "How's mother?"

"Good." His father said shortly.

"That's good. How's Mairda?"

"Good."

"How are you?"

"Fine."

The father and son avoided each other's gazes.

"Let's go see the others." Palpatine suggested and he strode on past his father.

"I agree." His father said stiffly.

The father and son walked alongside each other. A shroud of silence fell over them. Palpatine twisted his ring as they walked through the canopy of vines on either side of them.

Palpatine side glanced at his father. It seemed that his father had yet to support his decision to join the Youth Senator ship program. Palpatine had joined a preparation program about four years ago and his father must have known it was inevitable. When Palpatine left for Coruscant to join the actual program rather than keep studying for it in the academy. Let's just say...it was a rough day on both sides.

He's a salesman. What's the difference between a politician and a salesman? Very little. Why is he pretending that we're so different? That politicians are so much viler than a salesman. We are both designed to be deceitful.

After a few painstaking minutes, the silence was broken by his father. "Inspector Zarem Girris called when you and Predune first landed."

"Ah...he did." Palpatine recalled his murdered guard's father. Palpatine furrowed his brows. "He switched to Naboo again? I thought he was staying as a police officer on Coruscant for good?"

His father kept his tone steady. "No. Nuvan Girris' father is still stationed on Coruscant. His mother is doing the investigation for the sky-rage." His father arched a knowing eyebrow at Palpatine. His son's cheeks burned.

"Sky-rage? I would hardly call it that—"

"Sheev, don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Pretend that the situation is anything other than what occurred. You were engaged in a sky-rage with your brother. End of story." His father folded his hands behind his back. "Inspector Girris is currently asking Predune and Hearth their stories on what exactly happened. You will meet her shortly thereafter."

Palpatine gulped and glanced back to the Emperor. A piece of the hull broke off just as he gazed back at it. He inwardly winced as it skidded off and crashed onto the landing pad.

"You sure did a number on that poor ship." His father remarked. "It looks as though the repairs for it take at least a week."

"Father, it isn't as simple as that. Fex was locked outside of the corridor, so I took control of the ship in order to steer us to safety." Palpatine seamlessly lied.

His father threw him a dubious glance. "So, I see."

Palpatine and his father pushed the doors to the home open, the hinges creaked with age, as though welcoming him home. His home wasn't the grandest place, it was very unlike Coruscant and its sterile environment. His home was a little messy and a bit worn yet it was overflowing with memories.