Tough Ice: Chapter 2 - Valery

I should've seen it coming. Of course she's not going to fall in love with me, she hates me. But falling for Theodore, that kid? I did not see that coming around and punching me in the stomach.

"Valery do you wanna play gta?" I look over at Ares and nod.
"Sure." He passes me a controller and turns the game on, but I turn around when I hear her angelic voice.
"Ares, do you like anyone?" I my eyes snap to her mouth, what did she just ask him?
"Uh, why?" She crosses her arms and leans against his bedroom wall.
"I know someone who likes you." I see Ares straighten up in his chair.
"Who is it?"
"You tell me if you like anyone first, then I'll tell you." He groans, but gives in.
"Fine, I do like someone."
"And who is it?"
"It's um- Natasha." Katerina squeals excitedly.
"She likes you too!" She quickly covers her mouth with her hand and gasps. "I should not have said that." I chuckle forcefully and wait for this useless conversation to be over, the only good part about it is that I get to her Katerina's beautiful accent speaking Russian.
"Kat are you being serious? Does she like me too?"
"Mhm, now get up off your ass and go call her." He jumps up off his chair and walks out of the room, leaving me and Katerina here, alone.
"What was that before Valery?" I scoff and roll my eyes.
"Seriously Katerina?"
"Yes I'm serious."
"God you're such an oblivious Сука (bitch)."
"What did you just call me?" Her voice raises at me, and I retreat into my chair a little.
"Sorry princess, I didn't mean it."
"Don't you dare princess me imbecile. How dare you call me a Сука (bitch), that is not something you say to a woman, especially a woman who could end your career in mere seconds." I shiver at her words, I'm not scared of her, I actually find her yelling attractive, so attractive.
"I know, I'm sorry." She rolls her eyes and leaves her brothers room, leaving me there, all alone.

I walk out of the bathroom, freshly showered, wearing grey sweatpants and my hair still sort of wet. I walk into the lounge room to try and find Area, but I'm met with him and Katerina. She looks up at me and eyes my body, making me smirk as she squirms slightly.
"So Ares, did you ask her out?" I ask, purposely sitting right next to Katerina.
"Yeah, she said yes."
"Congrats man." He smiles at me, then looks back at his sister.
"Thanks for letting us go out Kat, I know it's probably a bit weird."
"Just a bit, but I'm happy she's finally going to get lai-"
"Woah Kat, too soon." She giggles and pulls her phone out and starts scrolling on TikTok, I take this as my signal to go into the guest room and go to bed.

We get to the rink the next day, and Blondie's got flowers for Katerina, so I have to stand here and watch them be all sappy. It should be me giving her those flowers, not him.
"Orlov get your ass on the rink or I'll bench you for the next game." I shove my foot into my skate, tie it quickly, then walk onto the rink. "You too Chevalier." I smirk and do a couple of laps around the rink. I thought Katerina was looking at me, then I realise Theodore is right behind me, meaning she's looking at him, not me, ew. Lucky me, I'm team captain, so I could totally make his life miserable if I wanted to, I could bench him, I could kick him off the team, I could do a lot of stuff.

_______________

Stop I love jealous boys