Tough Ice: Chapter 4 - Valery

I've been super tough on Theodore recently, but I can't help it. They've been dating for 4 months and there's no sign of any fights, especially because he's over at our place all the time and I have never once heard them fight.
"Chevalier get your ass off the ice and get back up." He sighs and gets up off the ice and starts playing against our teammates again. His side scores a point and Theodore skates up to me.
"Hey Valery."
"That's captain to you."
"Sorry, um, I just feel like you've been really hard on me recently, more than anyone else."
"And what do you want me to do about it?"
"Stop?"
"I've been hard on you because you've been slacking off, especially when Katerina is here, she distracts you."
"She distracts you too Cap." I get a little bit red and sigh.
"Just put some more effort in, and I'll stop being so hard on you." I pat his back and he nods, then skates away. I'm about to start daydreaming, when the girl I'm about to start daydreaming about walks through the doors and puts her stuff on the bleachers. I see Blondie looking at me hopefully out of the corner of my eye. I roll my eyes, but tell him to go over, and he immediately skates off the ice and walks over to her, douchebag. I narrow my eyes at him when I see him grab her ass.
"Chevalier, back on the ice!" He scoffs and walks away from her, serves him right.

I'm sitting on the bleachers waiting for Ares to come out of the locker rooms, when a song being played catches my attention. Katerina starts gliding across the ice, she does spins and jumps, my god she's so beautiful. Her moves match the song perfectly, they're perfectly fit and on time. She finishes up her routine, then notices me staring.
"What Orlov?"
"What's the name of that song?"
"Uh, 'La Leçon Particulière' it's a French song."
"Gathered that much, alright, go back to your spins and jumps Katerina." She rolls her eyes, so pretty, and starts doing laps around the ice, occasionally jumping or turning.
"Kat!" She stops and looks at Ares. "Do you want us to wait here, or go home and I'll come pick you up later? How long will you be?"
"You go home, I'll be here for hours, I need to practice, and burn off a lot of calories, I ate too much today." She shakes her head and starts skating around again. I narrow my eyes at her, why does she think she needs to lose weight? She's so perfect already, and any girl would kill for a tiny figure skater body like hers.
"Okay Kat, just call me when you're done."
"Kay." I get up and exit the rink, still pissed.
"Cheer up cap, you're doing great, and you've been performing really well lately."
"Thanks, but I'm not upset about hockey."
"Then what are you upset about?"
"I don't want to tell you." I hop in my car and see Ares standing by his car confused, and kind of worried.

"Hey man, can you go pick Kat up? Natasha just asked me if I want to get dinner with her."
"Um. Okay."
"Thanks, see you later." He waves and leaves my room. Why universe, why?

I walk back into the rink and see her and Theodore making out, ew.
"Um." She jumps away from Theodore and stands up.
"Valery, what are you doing here?"
"Your brother asked me to pick you up because Natasha wanted to go out with him."
"Oh, um, well let's go then." She starts walking over to me but blondie grabs her wrist.
"One last kiss?" She kisses him quickly, then takes her hand back and walks over to me.
"How come Ares didn't tell me the change of plans?"
"I thought he did."
"Oh, well thanks for driving all the way out here just to get me."
"Katerina we live like 5 minutes from the rink." She laughs slightly as we hop into my car.
"Still, thanks."
"You're welcome." She smiles and buckles herself in, and I take off. "Katerina why were you so worried about burning calories earlier?"
"I have a program coming up, I need to stay thin so I can fit into costumes."
"I think you'll be fine regardless Katerina." She rolls her eyes and looks out the window and out to the city.

I'm sitting on my bed looking at my classes timetable for the next couple of weeks, so much. I hair a faint knock on my door, and tell them,
"Come in." Someone opens the door, Natasha. "Natasha, what are you doing here?"
"Do you have any um..."
"Gross, but second drawer from the top in my bathroom, please don't ever mention that to me ever again or I might throw up." She laughs and walks into my bathroom, then walks out. She's about to walk out of the room when she stops and turns around.
"Do you like Kat?" My eyes widen.
"No? Why?"
"Just wondering." I narrow my eyes and her and she immediately leaves. I look back onto my laptop, when I see a text from Katerina.
"Just wanted to say thanks for earlier." I didn't even know she had my number, I obviously had hers, but I didn't think she would've saved mine, because why would she keep the number of the guy who she despises?
"As I Said, it really was no problem."
":) night."
"Good night Katerina."

_____________

Am I the only one who absolutely loves guys who text formally?