Tough Ice: Chaper 24 - Katerina

November 3rd, the night before Valery's birthday.

"Hey princess?" I look up at Valery from my phone, through my lashes.
"Yeah?"
"I have a very important question to ask." I fully straighten up my head and put my phone down.
"What?"
"Would you still love me if I was a worm?" I smack my hand over my face.

"No I don't like worms." He pouts and shuffles over to me on the couch.
"What if I was a- what's your favourite animal love?"
"A Quokka! They're so cute and fat I love them."
"Don't they only live in Australia?"
"Yeah, doesn't mean I can't love them."
"Okay then, would you still love me if I was a Quokka?"
"Yes I would still love you." He grins and kisses my nose. He's been super goofy recently, but he's so goddamn cute. "Valery?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm bored."
"Do you want to go to the beach?"
"Valery it's 10pm, the night before your birthday, and it's November, the beach will be freezing."
"But we can pick up crabs!"
"Maybe tomorrow bub." He frowns and crosses his arms. I straddle his lap and run my thumb over his bottom lip. "Let's turn this frown-" I lift the corners of his mouth up, "Upside down!" He properly smiles and I start laughing at him.
"I love you princess."
"I love you too!" I smile, then look off into the hallway.
"What is it Katerina?" I look down at his face, then giggle.
"I want a dog! Not one of those big hairy ones, one of those small cavoodles, I forget the word."
"Toy?"
"Yeah, a toy cavoodle."
"Then let's get a dog." I smile at him. He's allergic to dogs.
"Baby?"
"Yeah my love?"
"You're allergic to dogs."
"I'd do anything to make you happy princess."
"I don't even want a dog, I want a cat, I want a really floppy rag doll."
"We can get a rag doll if you want then, at least I won't be dying if you're happy." I smile again and kiss his cheek. "My love?"
"Yeah?"
"I think we should sign you up to English classes, I think knowing another two languages fluently is messing with your English, or I can teach you?"
"I'd rather you, that way I don't have to do homework." He laughs and hooks his hands around my thighs and stands up, then makes his way to our bedroom.

I hear the shower start and I immediately pull out my phone and text Ares.
'Everything good for tomorrow?'
'Yeah Kit Kat, he's going to love it.'
'I know, alright, night bro.'
'Night Kat, love you.'
'Love you too🩷.' He hearts the message so I put my phone down and stare at the bathroom door, he doesn't usually take this long, especially when he's not washing his hair. I look back at my phone and scroll through tiktok, then I hear a small cry from the bathroom.
"Orlov?"
"Princess?"
"Are you okay?
"Uh..." I hop off the bed and open the bathroom door.

He's on the floor.

Of the shower.

"What did you do Valery?"
"I uh- I slipped, and then I think I cut my back on the drain." I kick my ugg's off, and take my pj pants off, then step into the shower.

He sits up a tiny bit and I gasp. His back is bleeding, so much.
"Okay babe, I'm going to need you to stand back up, and I'm going to wash your back off, then I'm going to patch you up."
"How bad is it love?"
"There's a lot of blood baby, I don't think it's that deep though." I help him to his feet, and quickly take the rest of my clothes off, and turn the water back on, and I rinse his back from the blood.

I run my hands down his back after patching up the scratches, making him breathe very heavily.
"Are you okay my love? You're breathing very heavily, do I need to take you to the hospital?"
"Fuck Katerina- do that again."
"Wha-"
"Run your hands down my back again love."
"Are you high or something?" He lets out a low chuckle.
"No love, come sit in front of me if you're not going to do it again." I move around and sit in front of him, and he bites his lip and looks me up and down.
"Valery you're hurt, I'm not going to fuck you when you're hurt."
"Fine, but you're in for it tomorrow."
"Oh am I?"
"Yeah you are princess." I grin and he grabs my chin and kisses me softly. "So what do I get tomorrow love?"
"I'm not telling you!" I'm flying his little sister out from Russia, she's only 11, so she can't come on her own, so I've got his aunt coming as well.
"Why?"
"Because it's a surprise! I promise you'll love it." He sighs and I quickly turn the lights off, then tuck myself under the covers, and he pays his chest, to which I reluctantly put my head on. "Wont it hurt Valery?"
"Not at all love, goodnight my sweet princess." He kisses my head and I close my eyes, still smiling.

______________

Lol I made Valery's birthday my birthday, any November babies?