Tough Ice: Chapter 40 - Valery

One week later

Katerina wheels her suitcase out of our room, then goes back in and comes out with another suitcase, and a bag.
"Love we're going for like a week."
"So? You never know what scenario we might get stuck in." I sigh and get my stuff, and then I move it all outside, and wait for Katerina while she grabs her last minute things, then she walks out and I lock our apartment.

We're sitting in the airport lounge waiting for our flight, and then I get a text while I'm scrolling on TikTok. Lev.
'Hello brother, I know you're only taking her to Hawaii to hide from everything, but we'll find you sooner or later, just you wait.'
"Fuck," I curse under my breath, and Kat whips her head to me.
"What?"
"Nothing, just business stuff, it's all good princess."
"Business stuff, Code for: everything's not okay and someone's threatening to murder me."
"It's fine love, I won't let them touch you." She smiles softly and then our flight number gets called out, and we make our way to the gate.

"Do you have a suit yet?" I take out my right airpod and turn to Katerina.
"For what?"
"My brothers wedding? Your best friends wedding, and my best friends wedding..."
"Oh yeah, of course I have a suit, they're getting married in like three weeks."
"I'm so excited, my best friend and my brother! I can't wait until that day happens for us too." Might be sooner than you think princess.
"I know, I'm so excited, any way, are you going to sleep?"
"Mhm." She looks at me hopefully and I smile at her, and then she rests her head on my chest.
"Sleep well my love." I watch as her eyes close, and I stroke her hair until I fall asleep too.

"Princess?" She lets out a cute groan as she slowly wakes up.
"How long was I out for?"
"About 5 hours, there's only an hour left of the flight." She sighs heavily and cuddles back into my chest.
"I'm going back to sleep, wake me up when there's 30 minutes left." I nod and she closes her eyes, and I slowly study her face. The way her lips slightly part, the way her long lashes slightly flutter at every movement of her eyes, even is she's asleep, the way she only breathes through her nose even though her mouth is open. I move a strand of hair away from her face and tuck it behind her ear. Reaching into my pocket, I pull out the ring box and open it slowly. The diamond in the middle softly glints when it hits the light, and the intricate detailing on the rest of the ring stares up at me. I start to hear Katerina groan a little so I snap the box shut quickly and stuff it back into my pocket, and watch confusedly as continues to groan softly, but she doesn't wake up. Her iris start to move obviously underneath her eyelids, and the flit around quickly. She's having a nightmare, shit. I softly shake her shoulder and her eyes slowly open, and she starts breathing heavily.
"Hey you're okay, just breathe princess." She takes a deep breath and sobs into my chest. "What happened love?"
"I had nightmare that you died from a pigeon attacking your brain." I laugh loudly and she pouts at me.
"Relax sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere."
"You better not, you are my will to live." I laugh and run my hand over her hair.

We get to the hotel room and Kat squeals.
"It's so beautiful!" My gaze stays on her as I respond,
"It is." She moves towards the balcony and I follow her slowly, watching her as she stares around the hotel room.
"How did you find out about this place?" She walks over to me and pivots on her toes and heels in front of me.
"A friend recommended it, anyway, do you want me to take your suitcases to the bedroom?"
"No I can take them." I pick up her bags and walk to the bedroom, and she chases after me and jumps on my back. "Stop!" I stop walking and grab the underside of her thighs.
"What?"
"I told you I'd take them."
"Which is code for: I don't really want to do it but I'll feel bad if you do it."
"Whatever!" I pick her bags back up and walk into the bedroom, with Kat still clinging onto my back. "Can we just go to bed please? I know it's like 7pm, but I always get so tired whenever I travel."
"Trust me I know, and yes, but do you want something to eat first?"
"I'm not hungry, but if you are get something."
"I'll order us both food."
"That's not what I said!"
"Yeah but whenever you do say that you end up stealing all of my food, so I'm going to get you food too."

_____________

idk i ran out of things to write