Tough Ice: Chapter 16 - Valery

I smile into the kiss and we both pull out, she's got a huge grin on her face, but it drops immediately when she looks behind me. I turn around, still holding her waist, and I see him.
Theodore. Fucking Theodore. I can feel her start shaking in my arms, so I grip her waist a little harder.
"Kat how could you do this to me?"
"DO THIS TO YOU? WE BROKE UP TWO... months ago." She looks up at me, smirks, then goes back to yelling at him. "YOU CHEATED ON ME, LIED TO ME, THEN PACKED UP YOUR SHIT AND TOLD ME A DAY BEFORE THAT YOU WERE MOVING TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY." She's crying now, so I wipe her tears away and kiss her temple softly.
"I'm the guy though, I'm allowed to do that, you're not."
"Again, we broke up two months ago you misogynistic asshole."
"Shut the fuck up, also, why are we speaking Russian? We're not in Russia."
"Why does it matter?" He takes a couple steps towards her, so I step in front of her and glare at him.
"Get the fuck out of here Chevalier, no one wants you here."
"I want to say congratulations to my girlfriend." I hear her scoff behind me.
"She is not your girlfriend, get out." I spit at him. He rolls his eyes and walks out of the changing room. I turn back around to her, she's not crying, she doesn't even look sad, she just looks annoyed.
"Princess?" She looks up at me, and her face softens.
"I'm so done with guys like him."
"Me too, you ready to go?" She nods and picks her bag up off the floor. I put my arm around her shoulder and walk her out of the room, back to everyone else.

"Kat, why are you crying?" Ares walks over to her and puts his arm around her shoulder. "Oh god, what did Valery do?"
"No he didn't do anything."
"Then what happened?"
"Theodore showed up." I see a puzzled look on her parents faces, and a shocked one on Natasha's and Ares'.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I mostly fought him off but Valery helped."
"Aw." Kat frowns and looks over at Natasha.
"What?"
"He fought off a jerk for you, that's so cute." She rolls her eyes and looks back at me, noticing I'm also unimpressed, but when I catch her gaze, I smirk.
"What are you two smirking about?" She turns my head back around to Nat and giggles.
"Nothing!" She grabs her flowers and certificate off her Mum and walks out of the arena, and into the giant car park.
"Valery where did we park?" She turns around to me, and I tease her by looking confused too. "Well shit." I laugh and point out the car clearly. She turns around to it to see that it was right in front of her. "That's not nice Valery, why'd you mess with me?"
"Because why not." She smacks mu shoulder lightly and walks over to the car frowning. "Cheer up grumpy, it was just a little joke." She pouts at me, so I unlock my car for her.

___________

This chapter is so short but idk what else to write.

Also I'm going on a camping trip on Thursday at like 8am (GMT +10) until late afternoon Tuesday, I'll try to get as much done, but my only time will really be late at night when I'm in my tent.