Tough Ice: Chapter 11 - Katerina

"You need to kind of kick your foot in the ice before you jump." I'm trying to teach Valery how to do a toe jump, he is failing miserably.
"It doesn't make sense though."
"Maybe you should stretch, come on, I'll take you to the gym and we'll stretch first."
"What's that going to do?"
"It'll loosen you up so you can glide along the ice better, giving you access to jump easier."
"Whatever you say princess." I roll my eyes and skate to the edge of the ice, then I get off, sit down and take my skates off. He follows me quickly and practically kicks his skates off so he can catch up.
"Weirdo."
"You're moving to fast and you're not waiting for me."
"I would've, because I have common decency, unlike you."
"Seriously Kat?" I giggle and lead him toward the gym, then I open the door and grabs out two mats for us.
"So, what do we do?"
"Sit down, put your legs out in front of you, then reach your arms out for your toes, and try to get your face really close to your knees." He does as I say and groans in pain when he tries to lower his head.
"I'll give your back a massage first, get on your stomach."
"What's that going to do exactly."
"Well you're not very back flexible obviously, so our best shot is to try to loosen up your back muscles first." He turns so he's lying on his stomach, I move onto his back and start massaging. He keeps squirming when I have to move a little bit further down his back.
"Stop squirming Valery, I can't do it when you are."
"Sorry." Why is he squirming in the first place?

We get back on the ice after what feels like an eternity and start skating again, he's much more flowy now.
"Much better Orlov."
"Thanks to you." I laugh slightly and show him what to do again. He follows my steps, but doesn't land and falls on his ass.
"Ow fuck." I giggle at him and skate over to him, then reach my hand up, he takes it, I try to pull him up, but he's too heavy so I end up falling over, onto his lap. He clears his throat as I scramble off him.
"Sorry."
"It's okay Kat." He looks down at his, thing, and looks back up at me.
"I- um."
"Let's call it a night hey?" I nod quickly and stand up and skate off the rink, I was so scared he was going to do something. "Princess are you okay?" I turn around and bump straight into his chest.
"Yeah."
"No you're not, tell me."
"I got scared that you were going to- uhm."
"Touch you? Absolutely not, what made you scared Katerina?"
"The boyfriend I had before Theodore, he touched me."
"Weren't you 16 then?" I nod and he wraps his arms around me. "I'm so sorry love, you didn't deserve that."
"It's okay, I'm almost 20 now, that's 4 years, almost."
"What's the date?" I pick my phone up and check the date.
"April 13th."
"You're the 18th right? Five days." I nod and he looks off.
"What?"
"Well now I need to go buy you something."
"Dude come on, you hate me, you don't need to buy me a present."
"I don't hate you."
"Then why do you torment me with trying to practically 'rizz' me up?"
"That's because I am trying to rizz you up."
"I- what?" He chuckles and takes his skates off, I do the same, still very confused.

"Goodnight princess." I roll my eyes and walk into my room.
"Bye Orlov." I close my door, then walk straight into the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, I gasp. I look amazing, I tied my hair up at some point while we were skating, I always have my hair down, I forgot how good it looks up. I hear a knock on my bedroom door, making me realise how loud I gasped.
"Come in." I open the bathroom door and see Valery standing by my bed.
"What happened? I heard you gasp."
"Nothing, I'm fine." He looks at me very unconvinced, then takes a step closer.
"What happened princess?"
"It's embarrassing."
"You can tell me anything."
"I- fine. I just forgot how good I look with my hair tied up." He smirks and walks out, proudly. "Can you please close the door Valery?"
"Of course love." He spins around and closes the door, so I walk back into the bathroom and take a shower.

A notification on my phone wakes me up. I open messages and see a text from Valery.
'Hey princess.'
'What do you want Orlov?'
'You.' I roll my eyes and dislike his text.
'Seriously, what do you want?'
'Can I have the flight time please?'
'Sure. 4am, April 27th.'
'4am?!?'
'Yep, bright and early.'
'It'll be better with you.'
'Shut up.'
'No.'
'Bye.'
'Wait no don't go, I'll be depressed.'
'Funny, bye.'
'Bye love.' I put my phone away and walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth. I'm mid-brush when Nat walks into my bathroom.
"Nat, with all due respect, get out."
"No, I have something to tell you."
"What?"
"Valery is in love with you." I roll my eyes and wash my mouth out.
"No, he is not. Stop saying that."
"Yes Kat, he is."
"Seriously Natasha, stop."
"Fine, but I'm serious."
"Okay, but I don't wanna hear it, I just got out of a 4 month relationship, I don't need shit like this."
"Okay Kat, I hear you. Bye." She leaves the bathroom and I slide down the door and put my head in my hands. So what if he's 'in love' with me? I'm not in love with him, so he's not going to get very far. Maybe I'm scared that she's right, he does 'flirt' with me all the time, and he constantly hints at wanting me. Oh shit, Valery is in love with me.

_________________

lol.