Tough Ice: Chapter 34 - Valery

I wake up to my ab muscles being traced by a finger.
"Hi."
"Good morning baby." Katerina kisses my collarbone and traces her finger over my tattoo. "When'd you get this?"
"About a month ago."
"'It was dark enough to play with the light', what does that mean?"
"It's about my childhood." Her eyes darken as she looks into mine.
"What happened to you?"
"My papa being a mafia boss, my mum dying when I was young, the constant abuse from my papa and brother, I've seen more shit than someone could comprehend."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Yeah actually... that sounds-"
"Tell me everything Valery, please."
"My father used to make me try to kill innocent people, I never obeyed obviously, but I know so many ways to kill someone, and I can make half of them look like an accident."
"Baby, I'm so sorry."
"It's not your fault darling, can I keep going?" She nods sadly and rubs my bicep. "The reason my mama died... was that my brother killed her. He got pissed that she wouldn't listen to my fathers orders, and he killed her, that very same day, while she was cooking, with the same knife she had used to cut the vegetables." Tears have escaped her eyes and she rests her head on my chest as she straddles my torso.
"I can't believe you went through all of that and no one knew."
"I'm okay now princess, don't you worry about me, I'm just glad you and Lev are over, that dickhead killed our mother and he broke your heart."
"Does the police know?"
"I'd get killed if I told them... and so would you do... so don't you even try to, I couldn't live without you."
"I won't, don't worry, I still can't believe I dated a monster like that... what the fuck was I thinking?"
"I don't know darling, I tried to warn you."
"Yeah... anyway I need to get going soon, I have training at 9:00."
"What time is it now?"
"7:00."
"That's heaps of time, just lie in bed with me for a little longer princess."
"Valery, I really need to get going."
"Well then, I need to drop you home anyway." She sighs and crawls off of me, then sits there awkwardly on the bed. "You okay love?"
"I don't have anything to wear."
"You left some of your stuff here, I have some underwear and shorts of yours, do you want to borrow one of my t-shirts until you get changed for training?"
"Yes please." I chuckle and stand up, then I lift her up slowly and I put her on my hip and walk into my cupboard. "You're carrying me like I'm a baby."
"One: you are my baby; two: you're light enough to pass as a 6 year old; three: I bench so much more than you weigh daily." Katerina giggles and rests her head on my shoulder as I put her down.

"Where is i- found it." I hand her the clothes and she scurry's into the bathroom and I laugh, "You're acting like I haven't seen all of it."
"It's more awkward getting changed in front of someone than getting naked because you're about to fuck, there's a difference." I chuckle and pull on some baggy jeans and a t-shirt, then I sit on the bed and wait for her to come out.

"Blood stain on my shirt-" I knock on the bathroom door.
"Love what are you singing?"
"It's a SZA song."
"Oh, why are you singing it now though?"
"I always sing when I'm looking at myself in the mirror."
"Admiring yourself?"
"Quite the opposite."
"Princess-"
"Shhh, I'm about to get changed." I sigh and open the door, and she's half pulling off my shirt.
"Princess, listen to me; you are so fucking gorgeous it's not funny. I know this isn't the time but do you know how many times I've popped a boner just at the thought of you? It's not fucking funny. You are seriously the most beautiful girl in the world, and you have an incredible body if that's what you're looking at, I know every single girl in the world would be jealous to have a body like yours."

_________________

Couldn't think of anything else for this chapter so I'm just ending it here