Tough Ice: Chapter 38 - Valery

"Katerina Petrakis."
I watch as Katerina walks onto the stage and collects her diploma, and her parents and brother stand up and clap, and she smiles down at them, then her eyes meet mine and I wink at her, and start getting ready to stand up.

"Damon Porter." The guy two seats down from me gets up and walks onstage, then the girl next to me stands up at her name, "Anna Olson." She walks onstage to get her diploma, then I hear my name. "Valery Orlov." I stand up quickly and walk onstage, shake the deans hand and I take my certificate, then I smile for the photo, and walk offstage.

I see Katerina giggling with a couple of her friends when I scan my eyes around after getting bored talking to mine.
"Hey the girls are over there."
"Let's go," Oliver says breathlessly.
"Ollie you like Aaliyah."
"Shut up Eli, but yes." I laugh as we walk over to the girls and I wrap my arms around Katerina from the back, and I kiss the top of her head.
"Hey princess, congratulations."
"Congratulations to you too Orlov." I remove my arms from her to find our group staring at us.
"What?"
"You two are so cute!" Aaliyah squeaks, and I see Ollie look at her lovingly.
"Aaliyah could I talk to you for a second?" I grin at Elijah as Oliver and Aaliyah walk away.
"What are guys grinning at?" Kat asks us.
"Nothing darling, but I have a feeling Ollie's going to come back either very happy or very sad."
"Does he like her?" I nod and Kat squeals excitedly with Natasha and our other friend Stella.
"What?" Ares walks up from where Kat's and his parents were standing and puts his arm around Natasha's shoulders.
"Aaliyah likes him too!" My girlfriend squeals again and I smile at her.
"Then that probably makes Eli and Stella the only two singles in the group," Ares trails off.
"We're actually kind off... already dating..." Stella responds. Katerina and Natasha look at each other confusedly.
"WHAT?" Natasha yells, making a couple people passing by turn their heads, and shake them disapprovingly.
"I asked her out just after spring break started." Kat squeals again and I grab her arm softly.
"Sweetheart calm down, I know it's exciting but people are looking."
"I don't care what other people think, I'm too excited to care." I sigh but smile and kiss her temple.

Oliver and Aaliyah walk back, both with big smiles plastered on their faces. All the girls scream and run over to Aaliyah while Ollie walks over to us.
"We're going out for dinner before we all meet up for drinks later." I pat his back as Eli and Ares cheer for him.
"Congrats man." I hear a scream from where the girls are standing and I whip my head around to find Katerina being dragged away by someone.

"Fuck," I whisper under my breath and I sprint after the guy and tackle him once I catch up. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER." Kat scrambles up and looks at me horrified. "This is one of his guys, go princess, I'll deal with him." She runs off to her parents who are standing there mortified as I pin this guy on the ground. "How dare you touch her," I spit in his face.
"I'm just doing what I was told to do Orlov, funny how you and your brother are both in love with her but are so vastly different with displaying it, but he's the right one, she's such a slut." I punch him hard in the face.
"Ублюдок! HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT." He grins and I punch him hard again. I move my mouth down to his blood covered ear and whisper, "If you ever lay a finger on her again, I will do a lot worse than break your big nose." I punch him one last time in the jaw and get off him, then he walks away in defeat, and I dust my hands off, and Kat runs over to me.

"Are you okay my love? Did he hurt you?" I scan her body for injuries and then my eyes meet hers again.
"I'm fine, I'm just a little thrown off. Are you okay? There was an awful lot of shouting."
"He said some horrible things about you, but that won't be happening again, and I made sure of it." I eye his limping figure from far away, then I turn back to Katerina and my gaze softens, and I pull her in to my chest.
"This is all my fault, if I hadn't gotten with your brother none of this would've happened. I-"
"Don't you dare blame yourself, you had no idea what would happen, it's not your fault princess, promise me you know that." She nods into my chest softly and I pull back and rub her cheek. "Let's go back." I take her hand and walk back to her parents first, assure them that everything's okay, then we walk over to our friends.
"What the fuck was that Valery?"
"Doesn't matter now, cause that dickhead won't be showing his ass around here anytime soon."
"Kit Kat are you alright?" Natasha hush her softly and pulls away.
"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just glad Valery saved me."
"I always will love." I feel a light tap on my shoulder and then I turn around and I'm pulled into a tight hug from my best friend.
"Thank you bro, you saved her."
"You know I can't live without her, I wouldn't ever let someone do something to her."

______________

Idk what I was doing with this chapter but yeah