Tough Ice: Chapter 36 - Valery

I hit the puck into the winning goal and I wipe the sweaty hair off my forehead.
"I'll see you guys next season, apart from my seniors, good luck out there." I skate over to my coach and he pats my back. "You've done great Orlov, I hope to see you out in the NHL very soon."
"Already got my place secured, also do I have over my captaincy now?"
"Yes, who have you picked?" I turn around and smile at the sophomore I chose.
"Riley, he's a good kid, smart, loyal, intimidating when needed. I think he'll be a great captain."
"Good choice cap." I turn back around to coach and I hug him, then I pat his back in the hug.
"Thanks for everything coach." He salutes me and smiles, and I walk away with a big smile on my face.

I get to my apartment and it's quiet. Too quiet.
"Hello?" A head peaks around the hallway and I sigh in relief. "Hi love." She smiles and runs towards me.
"How was your last practice ever in college?"
"Good, and sad."
"I'm sure they'll miss you, they've still got a couple weeks left of training, and a few games."
"I'll punch them if they don't." She laughs softly and wraps her arms around my neck.
"We're getting so old, you turn 23 in 6 months."
"Sometimes it's a good thing princess, more opportunities."
"Inspiring." I chuckle and walk us into my room.

She walks away from me and picks up the book she was reading, and stalks out of the room.
"Where are you going?"
"Out to the balcony, it's raining, I want to relax a bit before I need to go home and study." I follow after her and grab her elbow as she opens the balcony door.
"Move back in with me."
"Uh... what?"
"Move back in with me."
"I... why?"
"I miss you too much, please darling."
"I'll do it baby." I smile and kiss her forehead softly.
"Go take a break, take as long as you need my love." She smiles and opens the door, closes it, sits down on one of the undercover chairs, tucks her knees up to her chest and starts reading her book.

The balcony door opens and I turn my head away from the tv.
"Hey gorgeous."
"Hey!" She skips across the apartment until she reaches the couch, and sits down beside me.
"You look happy."
"I finished the book and it was a perfect happy ending." I smile and kiss her cheek softly. "Can you take me home please? I need to go study."
"Isn't your stuff in my car though? Can't you just study here."
"I told Nat I'd study with her."
"I don't trust that, she's just going to drag you into wedding plans."
"I'm her maid of honour!"
"Fine, but you stay here tomorrow night."
"That's fine, tomorrow's my last final anyway, when's yours?"
"In three days." She nods and stands up, then grabs my hand and yanks at it, desperately trying to get me up, but she fails. I flash a lazy grin at her and she folds her arms.
"I need to go!"
"10 more minutes?"
"Fine, but only if you cuddle me, it's freezing."
"It's almost summer love, but of course." Katerina climbs onto my lap and I wrap my arms around her waist and I put my face on her chest. "You smell incredible. It's intoxicating princess." I hear her smile and she puts her arms around my neck. After a few seconds, I start leaving a trail of soft kisses on her boobs, then I look up and her and she has a warm smile on her face.
"How about you sleep over at mine tonight? We haven't slept at mine since we got back together, and it'll be our last night there. Ever."
"I wouldn't ever say no to sleeping with you." Her eyes widen as I realise what I said. "Not in that way." She giggles and I start laughing with her.

We reach Katerina, Ares, and Nat's apartment and Kat unlocks the front door.
"I'm home! And Ares your best friend is here." Kat puts her stuff down on the bench and walks into the lounge room, and waits for them to come out, a disappointed expression on her pretty face.

A flushed Natasha and an embarrassed Ares walk into the lounge room, and Kat shakes her head.
"Ew."
"Sorry Kat." I chuckle at Ares and pat his back and grab Kat's stuff, then I move it to the dining table. Natasha starts laughing softly, which makes Kat laugh, and I shoot Ares a confused look.
"What are they laughing about?" I mouth to him. He shrugs and points me to his room, I take the hint, quickly kiss Katerina's cheek and jog to catch up to Ares and I follow him into his room.

"I love Nat so much, but she is driving me up the wall with all these wedding plans."
"Don't worry man, I hear all about them, whenever Kat's over, all I hear about is your wedding plans. I'm happy for you man, but god damn is it insane."
"I swear I have heard her mention either getting satin or cotton tablecloths... no one's even looking baby!"
"Okay never call your fiancée baby while we're talking about her without her here, but yeah seriously, no one's noticing what type of tablecloth you have."
"Thank you!" I start laughing as I sit down on the bed, then I jump off it remembering what they were doing just before.
"I think I'll sit on the chair actually." He chuckles and sits on his bed, and stares off into space for a couple of seconds, before clearing his throat and looking back at me.
"Do you still want to marry Kat?"
"Yes. I do not care how much she broke my heart, she needed time and that's okay. I would give anything to propose to her right now, but we've only been back together for two weeks, so that is not happening."
"I mean technically you were dating for like 7 months before five and a half months ago."
"Yeah but five and a half months ago with her dating my brother can't be forgotten, so really we've only been dating for two weeks, but at least it's still fine to say, 'I love you', I think I would've ended myself right then and there."
"I guess, well you have my blessing when you want to propose. maybe do it after my wedding though, if both of them had a wedding to plan at the same time they'd go psycho." I laugh and take my phone out of my pocket, and smile at the picture of Kat on the lock screen. "I was so angry when you two first got together."
"I noticed."
"After her first boyfriend and Theodore, it's hard not to be terrified of what someone will do to her, even if it was my best friend."
"It's all good, but you should've known I'd never dream of hurting her, I love her more than anything in the world."
"Gross, but sweet." I start laughing as the door opens, and Natasha walks in.
"Kat and I gave up on studying so we're just going to go to bed." I smile and stand up and walk out of the bedroom.
"Night guys."
"Night bro." I smile and close their door, and walk into Katerina's room to find her slowly taking her shirt off.
"Hey gorgeous." She pauses mid-way, so her shirt is covering her face and I have a view of everything.
"There's such a thing as knocking Orlov."
"There's not really a point in that since I've touched my mouth to every inch of your pretty body." She fully pulls the shirt off, a light blush spread across her cheeks.
"Shut up."
"Now why would I do that princess?" She smiles and grabs a pillow and whacks me in the face with it. I grin at her and pick her up throw her on the bed, then I start tickling her.
"NO!" She starts laughing and tries to swat my hands away. "STOP IT VALERY!" She sends a hard kick to my shin and I back away.
"Damn you're strong princess."
"I like to think so too." She stand up off the bed and starts unclasping her bra. "I'm having a shower, come on." I grin at and stand up and walk into the bathroom.
"I love you so much sweetheart."
"That was random, I mean I love you too, but why are you saying it now?"
"No reason." I turn the water on and undress, and she blushes when she sees my torso. "Like what you see?"
"Have you been working out more?"
"Sure have." She laughs and steps inside the shower, and hisses when the water hits her skin.
"Holy shit that's hot." I quickly change the temperature and hop inside with her.
"Is that better love?"
"Much, thank you." I smile and kiss her softly.
"You are so beautiful Katerina."
"You're not so bad yourself."

_________________

Idfk