Tough Ice: Chapter 15 - Katerina

Nationals is today. I'm staring at the ceiling above my bed, I'm fucking terrified. I need to get up, I can't lie here forever, today decides if I go to the 2024 Olympics for America or not.
I walk out into the kitchen, showered, got my bag packed with everything I could possibly need, I have the costume and skates Ares and Nat got me, I have my normal skates and a backup costume, a shit ton of makeup, a pair of tights and two backup pairs, warming up gear, hair stuff, skate guards, water.
"Hey princess."
"No one talk to me, I'll only freak out more." Natasha stands up and hugs my side.
"You're gonna do so good Kat, I know it."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do, I may not be going to the Olympics this time around, but 2028, you will definitely beat me and get gold." I laugh slightly and slide into a chair next to Valery.
"You're gonna do great love."
"I hope so, I'll be wearing this lucky charm." I hold up the necklace to his face.
"You're still wearing it." His face lights up and he looks back and forth from the necklace to my face.
"Yeah, I never took it off."
"Even when you were super pissed at me?"
"Even when I was super pissed at you." He smiles and turns back to his toast.

'La leçon particulière' starts playing on the speakers and I start my routine. I tense my back and legs at every move so I don't fall, and I don't. The music fades and I stop my cantilever, then pose. The crowd erupts into cheers and claps, and I take a deep breath and stand up, take a few bows, then skate off the ice. I know I did amazing, I felt it in my body.
"KAT!" I turn around and find Nat, Ares, and Valery waiting for me on the sidelines. I blow them a quick kiss and move over to my coach and wait for all the other performances to be over so we can get the placings.

My coach holds my hand tight, they just announced 4th place, and I haven't been announced yet, meaning I might have a shot at making Team USA.
Third place, not me. I take a deep breath when they say second place.
"Sophia Cavalier." I look at my coach, either I came first, or I didn't place.
"In first place, Katerina Petrakis!" I jump up and my coach hugs me jumping.
"Well done Kat, I'm so proud of you honey." I smile and walk over to the podium with her, and stand on the first place spot. A gold medal is placed around my neck, a certificate and flowers in my hand. They take a bunch of photos before dismissing us, and I immediately try to find my friends. I scan my eyes over the seats for them, they're not there, where are they?
Walking back to the change room sulking, I feel a pair of arms wrapping around my waist.
"Kat! I'm so so proud of you princess, you did amazing." He kisses my cheek a few times before letting Natasha and Ares hug me.
"So, I guess I'm going to the Olympics." Nat squeals and grabs my hands, then we start jumping.
"You're famous Kat, half the world probably saw how amazing you did then."
"I doubt half the world saw it, but yeah." I feel a light tap on my shoulders and turn around. My parents. I haven't seen them in ages, right after I turned 18 they moved back to Greece, we still see them every so often, but I haven't seen them since Christmas last year.
"Katerina baby I'm so proud of you." My mum wraps her arms around me and kisses my forehead, then my dad hugs me too.
"You did so well Katerina, I couldn't be more proud." I pull out of the hug smiling.
"Alright, well I'm freezing so I'm going to go put a jacket on, see you guys in a bit." I walk into the change room and pull out a sport jacket from my bag, when I look up, Valery is standing in the doorway.
"Hi princess."
"Why are we speaking Russian now?"
"Felt like it, also I missed the way your voice accents in Russian." I frown at him and sling my bag over my shoulder.
"So, what are you doing here?"
"Oh right, this." He walks closer to me.
"What are you do-" he smashes his lips against mine and wraps his arms around my waist. I'm so in shock that I haven't even moved.
"Princess? I'm sorry I should have done th-" I pull him to me again by his shirt and wrap my arms around his neck, then I kiss him.
When we pull out, I see a particular someone standing in the doorway shocked.
Theodore.

_____________

That was so last minute I had no idea I was gonna do that.