Tough Ice: Chapter 20 - Katerina

"The Santa Monica pier?"
"Yep, rides, food, or games first?"
"Rides." He takes my hand my hand and guides me to a ride, pays for it, then we get on the little kids ride. "We look like idiots."
"And we look good doing it, hold on princess, it's a teacup ride." I laugh and grip the wheel in the middle.

"Corn dog?"
"I've never had one, but sure."
"Love we've been living here for like two months and you still haven't had a corn dog?"
"Da." He laughs and puts his arm around my waist and waits in line with me by his side.

We get off the pier, but Valery guides me in the opposite direction of the car park.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see in a second." As I'm about to take my shoes off, Valery scoops me up, making me squeal. "No need for that." He doesn't say anything after that. The only sounds I can hear is the chatter and music from above, the sand crunching under Valery's shoes, and the waves crashing against the shore, I could literally fall asleep right now.

We get to a spot under the pier, and there's a bouquet of red roses waiting under a sign.
'Will you be my girlfriend Katerina?" I turn around and smile at him.
"Yeah, I will."
"Oh thank god." I laugh and kiss him passionately. When I pull away, he's got a huge smile plastered on his face. "All mine?"
"All yours Orlov." He reaches behind me and picks the roses up, then hands them to me.
"For you my love."
"Thank you!" I blush and smell the flowers, they smell amazing. He walks over to the sign and takes it off. Then gives me his arm and I wrap my arm around the top of his.

"Hey guys, how'd practice go?" I was hoping they'd be in their bedrooms by now so I could take the roses out of my skating bag, but they're sitting in the lounge room, where you could obviously see what I'm doing.
"Yeah it was alright."
"Valery did you finally do that lift with her?"
"No, maybe next time." I sigh and start walking to my room, then I hear Valery follow me down the hallway. "Can I come into your room princess?"mh
"Why?"
"Cause I want to cuddle my girlfriend."
"They'll see."
"I can just walk through the bathroom into my bedroom then lock the door, walk back through, lock the bathroom door from the inside too, then we can also lock your door."
"Fine." He walks into his room and I walk into mine, lock the door and sit on my bed. He walks through the bathroom about a minute later and smiles.
"Hi gorgeous girl."
"Hey captain." He blushes and flops onto my bed, making me giggle. Propping himself up against my headboard, he reaches his arms out to me. I move over to him and he wraps his arms around me like he'll never let go. "I'm so tired Valery."
"Go to sleep my love."
"I still have makeup on."
"Let's go, I'll take it off for you in the bathroom."
"It's okay, I'll be back in a few minutes, I need to do skincare too." He chuckles and kisses my forehead.
"I lov- take your time princess." I furrow my eyebrows and scramble to the bathroom quickly and wash all the makeup off my face.

I walk back into my room to find him gone.
"Valery?" He pops his head around my cupboard door. "What are you doing in there?" He moves back inside, so I chase after him before he can shut the door.
"Aw you caught me."
"Why are you in my cupboard Orlov?"
"It just smells really good in here."
"What? Oh- it does smell really good in here." He chuckles and wraps his arms around me from the back, then lifts me up and twirls me around. I squeal, then he stops, turns me around and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. He starts stroking my thigh, but I pull away, I know where this is headed, but I'm way too tired. He pouts and I giggle.
"I love kissing you."
"I know you do, but if we go any further it'll escalate, and I'm too tired for that right now."
"Of course princess." He places me down on my bed gently, then lies down beside me and wraps his arms around me again. His hand stroking my hair, I lay my head down on his chest and close my eyes. I could lay like this forever, it is a little bit cold, but I think I just need to get under the covers. A faint groan exits from Valery mouth as I move to pull my doona/duvet covers over us.
"I'm cold, I want to be warm."
"You should've just asked for a jumper."
"I already wore one of your hoodies earlier before changing into this." I guide his eyes with my hand down my big shirt and bike shorts. "So I'm not sure you want to give up another one."
"I'd do anything to make you happy, or feel safe princess." I smile and snuggle up to him again, to which he hums happily. "Having you in my arms is so much better."
"Why's that?"
"I can protect you from this cruel world." I laugh and close my eyes again
"Goodnight cap."
"Goodnight my love, sleep well."

_______________

Where is my Valery Orlov and why aren't I in his arms?