Tough Ice: Chapter 8 - Valery

God she's so beautiful.

"Valery?"
"Yes, Katerina?"
"I think you're right."
"About what?"
"Theodore." Oh shit. I was only telling her what he says because I want to make her know of it, I didn't actually want her to believe it. As much as I would literally kill the entire world just to have her in my arms, I still don't want her getting hurt.
"How do you know?"
"I blocked his number, a week ago, and he hasn't even noticed, and he hasn't come over in almost 2 weeks."
"I'm so sorry Katerina."
"What can you do?" She shrugs and tucks her knees up to her chest, then rests her head on her knees.
"Do you want a hug?"
"Why would you want to hug me?"
"Just because you think I'm trying to torment you doesn't mean I don't care about you." She smiles a little, such a pretty smile.
"I guess."
"Come here." She shuffles over to me and I wrap my arms around her. I have literally been waiting for this moment since I was 16.
"You're not lying right? Cause he might think that I'm ignoring him, and that's why he hasn't come over."
"I would never lie to you Katerina, and no man would just leave you be if he thought you were ignoring him, he would come and make you talk to him."
"Why would he do this? He knows how much I love him, we haven't said it yet, but I thought he'd see it."
"I don't know Katerina, huge dick move on his part." She laughs slightly while crying. "What kind of idiot treats a girl like you like that." I wipe away her tears and kiss the top of her head. Her eyes widen, but she's still smiling, win for me. Someone knocks on the apartment door, so I tell her that I'll get it. I open the door, Blondie.
"Get out of here dick."
"Not until I talk to her." He pushes right past me and walks straight up to her, she looks terrified.
"Kat why are you crying?" Dickhead, why do you think?
"How could you do this to me?"
"Do what?" I glare at him and say,
"Cheat on her fuck head."
"How do you kno-"
"I heard you telling some of our teammates about your girlfriend, who has blonde hair and green eyes. So I took it as a tell tale sign, that you were cheating." His eyes widen.
"Well that's not it. I'm moving back to France tomorrow."
"YOU TELL HER NOW?" She starts crying again, I pin him up against the wall and whisper into his ear.
"If you don't get out of this apartment right now, I will rip your head off, and stick it up your fat ass. You're sick Theodore, I'm glad you're leaving this country, I would've kicked you off the team. Actually wait, I still will. You're kicked off the team. Now get your jerk ass out of this house." I let go of him and he runs away. I turn around to Katerina and run over to her and hug her.
"Shh, it's okay, you're okay, I'm right here with you Katerina."
"Can you please call me by your old nicknames." My heart skips a beat.
"Of course, p-princess." She hugs me tighter, practically cutting off my breathing, but hey, anything to make her happy.
"Thank you Valery." I rub her back, then Natasha and Area storm through the front door.
"Kat? What happened?" I mouth 'Theodore' at Ares, he and Natasha nod and come sit beside her, we'll, more behind her.
"I'm so sorry Kat."
"Thanks Natasha, but what can you do?"
"I'm not sure, he was a dick anyway, plus you can have that breakup glow up now." She pulls away from me and rolls her eyes at her best friend, back to normal Kat.

Katerina went into her bedroom a while ago, said she wanted some space.
"So Valery." I look over at Natasha.
"Yes?"
"Are you happy now?"
"I- what?"
"We can all tell you like her." My eyes widen as I go a little red.
"I- yeah, I do, but I'm not happy about the pain she's in, I'm just happy she finally believed me about how much of a cheating, shit-talking scum bag he is."
"My advice, give her at least two months." I nod and slump down onto the couch.
"You good mate." I turn my head to Ares.
"My head, it's still so bloody sore from last week."
"I really think you should get it checked out."
"No." He sighs and gets up, then extends his hand in front of Natasha.
"We need to get going baby."
"Where are you two going?"
"On a date, can you take care of Kat if she needs it?"
"Of course." He nods at me and puts his arm around Natasha, then they leave the apartment.
"Hello?"
"What's up princess?" She walks out of her bedroom and comes into the lounge room.
"Where'd they go?"
"On a date, you need anything?"
"No, can I sit?"
"This is your apartment too, yes you can sit." She laughs and sits down beside me.
"I um, I figured out where we're going to live in America."
"Oh, where?"
"Bellflower, it's in Los Angeles."
"Sounds good, do you even speak English princess?"
"Mhm, almost fluently, do you?"
"Yeah, been learning it since I was little."
"Should we practice?" I look at her weirdly.
"What do you mean?"
"Like- stop speaking Russian for a while, start speaking English."
"Sounds good."

_____________

Just wanted to make it known that the last dialogue line he said in English, they will be speaking English from now on.

I'm so excited that I'll soon be able to finally write about them watching Netflix omg.