Tough Ice: Chapter 21 - Valery

I wake up to banging on the door, and apparently so does Katerina cause she groans softly.
"KAT OPEN THE DOOR!"
"Go away Ares, it's too early."
"It's important."
"What is it?"
"It's μαμά."
"What happened to her?"
"She had a heart attack."
"She- what?" Kat turns around to me and my heart breaks for her, she's mortified.
"We need to go back to Greece."
"Okay, I'm going to shower then I'll start packing." I grab her face and rest my forehead against hers.
"She's going to be okay you know?"
"You don't know that."
"Love she's going to stay alive for you and your brother, she's strong."
"Can you come with us please? I know we only started dating last night, but I really need you."
"Of course darling, anything you need."
"Thank you."
"Anything for you my princess." She smiles softly and placed a gentle kiss on my lips, but pulls away with tears in her eyes.
"I'm so scared Valery." I rub her back softly and sigh.
"Nothings going to happen to her, she's going to go to the hospital, they're going to fix her, then she'll be all okay again."
"You don't know that though."
"No we don't, but in this situation, our best option is to hope."
"I know." She stands up off the bed and walks into her wardrobe, so I get out of bed and walk through our bathroom and into my room.

I walk out into the living room with a fully packed suitcase, and I see Kat curled up in Natasha's arms while she cries.
"Katerina." She looks up at me and reaches out for me.
"Hey why do you want him and not me?"
"I want both of you." I laugh softly and sit down next to my girlfriend and wrap my arms around her, and Natasha adjusts herself so she can also hug her.
"It's going to be okay love."
"I know, she's going to be fine, it's just scary because it could happen to any one of us right now."
"Aw Kat."
"Guys we need to get going." We all look up at Ares and Natasha and I stand up quickly.
"Yeah, at least we're on summer break now, kind of like a holiday." I look down at Kat, then pull her up.

Katerina's leg bounces anxiously against the airplane floor, so I move my hand over to her knee and put a bit of pressure onto it.
"It's okay my love." She wraps her arm around the top of mine and rests her head on it.
"I'm so terrified."
"You have nothing to be scared of princess, I'm right here with you."
"Thank you Valery." I kiss the top of her head, then we both drift off to sleep.

I'm staring down at her when her pretty eyes flutter open. She yawns and stretches a little, then she looks up at me.
"Did you sleep good my princess?"
"Mhm, you're incredibly comfortable."
"Why did you not think I would be?"
"You're like gigantic, your arm muscles are double the size of my thigh."
"I work hard for this body." She giggles and kisses my arm softly, making me blush and turn around to make sure Ares and Natasha didn't see that in front of themselves.
"How long do we have left of the flight Valery?"
"About two hours, what do you want to do my sweet girl?" Her cheeks turn slightly pink and she tucks her knees up to her chest.
"Can we watch a movie?"
"Of course, what movie do you want to watch love?"
"They don't have any Russian movies on here, but we can switch the audio language or put Russian subtitles on?"
"If anything just do subtitles, the more used we can get with english, the better. Now what movie do you want to watch darling?" I tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear and she moves into my touch.
"Can we watch a Disney movie?"
"Whatever you want princess, go ahead." She selects the new version of the little mermaid and cuddles up to me. I wrap my arm around her and rub her thigh. Her hearts beating so fast I can practically feel it from here. "Love are you sure you just don't want to rest?"
"Why would I want to rest?"
"Because your hearts going a million kilometres a minute and you're easily on the edge of a panic attack." She sighs and bites her lip softly.
"I think this may distract me."
"Of course love, but just remember, sometimes distracting yourself from panic and worry, makes it worse in the end, if you need to rest, do it."
"I hate that you're right." I chuckle and kiss her forehead.
"Rest my love."
"Fine, but I'm not sleeping, I'll just lie here in and think."
"I'll do the same thing." She smiles softly and I almost melt. God damn is she beautiful. Her smile lights up a room. I'm so in love with her. My beautiful girl. My beautiful precious girl. I would stop at nothing to protect the girl who lays in my arms right now. She deserves everything, from everyone. She says a lot of people don't like her, but I call bull shit on that because what about her is there not to like? Her soul is prettier than the moon and stars combined.
I notice her eyes closed and her breathing patterns changed.
"Sleep well sweetheart, I love you." For my sake I'm hoping she didn't hear that. We've been dating for less than 24 hours, but from the moment I laid eyes on her when I was about to turn 16, that beautiful 15 year old girl changed my mind about how quickly you could love someone.

I've never been to Greece, but my god is it hit here right now. Natasha and I are in the waiting room, Katerina and Ares went to their mama.
"So Valery?"
"What's up Natasha?"
"Nat is fine, but when are you going to ask Kat out? It's been a lot more than two months."
"I'm waiting for the right moment." That moment  has already happened.
"Right, can you please do it soon? I'm sick of not being able to talk to her about her boy stuff."
"I guess." She smiles happily, but then I see my beautiful girl and my best friend walking over to us, so I stand up and meet them halfway.
"She's okay, the doctors said it wasn't to serious, she just needs to be a bit more careful now." Kat smiles softly at her best friend, and Natasha pulls her in for a hug, then she hugs Ares. I spin around on my heel and face my girl.
"I'm so glad she's okay princess."
"Well that's good to know." I laugh and hug her tightly. She sobs quietly into my chest and my heart breaks for her. I stroke her hair softly, then she pulls away, and I wipe her tears. "Can we please go Ares?" He nods and we walk out of the hospital and hop into one of Kat's and Ares' family members car.

__________

I need to go buy a Valery rq brb