Tough Ice: Chapter 29 - Valery

3 months.

3 months since Katerina broke up with me.

I'm at a club, drink in hand at the bar. My eyes slowly move around the place, then they land on her, dancing with a fucking guy. No, not just some guy.

My brother.

I take one last swig of my glass, then I place it down in the countertop, and I make my way over to the dance floor.

My brother stalks off somewhere, leaving Katerina alone on the dance floor. I walk up behind her and grip her hips, and she starts turning around, but I move her head back around so she can't see me. She starts grinding against me, making me instantly get hard and my grip on her hips tightens.
"Who are you?" She wriggles away from me, and turns around, and gasps. "Valery?"
"So, you were dancing with Lev?"
"I hope I'm not interrupting." I turn to my brother and scowl
"Hello brother, so, what brings you here, dancing with my girl."
"Lev! YOUR BROTHER IS MY EX?" We both turn to her. She didn't know.
"You guys dated?" I narrow my eyes at him.
"Yes we did brother, for a long time."
"So she's not your girl anymore?"
"She is, she promised me that when she was ready, she'd come back to me."
"Well that promise was bullshit because she's mine." I glance at Katerina, lick my lips, then glare back at Lev.
"So, you two are together now then?"
"Yes we are."
"Well then, congratulations, I hope you have a wonderful relationship." I flash them a very fake smile and walk away, then I hop into my car, and slam my palms on the steering wheel.

She promised.

She fucking promised.

I never should've trusted that she would come back to me, but how was I to know that she would get with my dickhead brother.

He doesn't deserve her. He's a fucked up man and he's going to treat her horribly.

I park the car near Ares' apartment and I go inside the building, and immediately run to the lift and press up, then I fumble around for my spare key.

I storm into the place and Natasha jumps in the kitchen, the diamond ring on her ring finger glinting in my eyes.
"Ares?"
"Yeah bro?" I walk into the lounge room angrily.
"Did you know?"
"Know what?"
"That Katerina is dating my fucking brother? Did you know?" He looks down, then back up at my face.
"Yeah."
"AND YOU DIDN'T FUCKING TELL ME?" I pace around the lounge room and run my right hand through my hair, then I run it down my face. "Ares, you knew that she's the love of my life, and you don't tell me when she gets with my brother?" He looks down and Natasha walks into the lounge room.
"Valery, calm down, she wouldn't want to see you like this." I glare down at Nat.
"She knows I'd be acting like this."
"No, she really doesn't."
"What?"
"She doesn't know that you'd be acting like this."
"Fuck- whatever, I'm going home, I've got training tomorrow." I move past Natasha and walk straight out the front door, and I take the stairs, not being bothered to wait for the lift.

I glare at Katerina as she walks into the rink, then I look back at my team and ready them to score the last point. My team takes the puck in seconds and I pass it over to Chris, and he then passed it to Ares' who manoeuvres around the goalie and shoots the puck in, earning a cheer from my team. I skate off the ice and immediately put my skate guards on and walk to the change room, but Katerina stops me.
"Valery, can we talk?"
"No, goodbye Katerina."
"Valery!"
"I just want you to know, you really hurt me Katerina, I loved you."
"You don't anymore?"
"I'm not even sure Katerina." I push open the door to the change room and I rip my gear off and change my shoes, then I quickly run back out and she looks at me with a sad look on her face, but I just glare at her and walk out of the rink.

________________

Valery in his revenge era