Tough Ice: Chapter 35 - Katerina

I put down my book and check the time.
"4am! Shit." I quickly turn my lamp off and pick up my phone, then I go onto messages. "Shit! Valery texted me goodnight." I push my fingers against the keyboard rapidly.
'Hi honey, sorry for replying so late, I got caught up in my book.'
'Princess go to bed please, you have a class tomorrow, and an exam the next day.'
'And what are you still doing up?'
'I'm working. Now go to bed love.'
'On what?' The three dots pop up for about a minute, then they disappear for a couple of seconds, then another text comes through, reading:
'Goodnight my love, get some rest.' I question the text and put my phone down, and I force my eyes shut even though my brain is replaying the messages a couple of seconds ago.

"Good luck with your exam tomorrow, you are dismissed." I run my eyes over my notes, then I close my book, and put it and my Macbook into my bag, along with my stationary, and I connect my Air Pods to my phone and I start playing Frank Ocean as I walk out of the lecture hall.

I feel a light tap on my elbow, and I pause my music and turn around.
"Hello?"
"Hi... you're in my medicine class." I squint my eyes at the blonde boy before me. I think he was sitting about two rows in front of me.
"Yeah. Can I help you?"
"I fell asleep halfway through the lecture... could I borrow your notes? I noticed you taking them intently before I fell asleep."
"Uh, sure, I don't know why you need my notes though, weren't you sitting next to your friend?"
"He fell asleep too."
"Oh... You can just take a photo of them, I have another lecture in about an hour, and I'll need my book."
"Great thanks! I'm Christian."
"No problem. I'm Ka-"
"I know your name, Katerina." I look at him confusedly and I pull out my notebook, then I take a quick photo.
"Do you have instagram? I can just send it there."
"Uh yeah... @christian_botswal." I smile and search up his instagram, follow him then I dm him the photo.
"Sent."
"Thanks Katerina, have a good day."
"Yeah you too." Turning around, I see a tall figure standing right behind me.
"Hi princess."
"Valery! What are you doing here? I thought you didn't have a class today?"
"I'm studying, who were you talking you?" His eyes darken and I smile softly.
"He's just a guy in my medicine class, he fell asleep and needed my notes."
"He couldn't have gotten notes from someone else?"
"He said his friend fell asleep."
"There's other people in your class love, I doubt all of the girls have boyfriends."
"What does that have to do with anything? He just needed notes!" He sighs and wraps his arm around my shoulder.
"Lunch?"
"I have another class in 50 minutes, I don't have time."
"How long does your class go for?"
"Only an hour, should be shorter since I just did my final for it yesterday."
"I pick you up after your class princess."
"Okay! I'm so fucking glad we graduate in two weeks, we'll finally be free!" Valery laughs softly and kisses the top of my head.
"What do you want to do until your next class?"
"I have my medicine final tomorrow, I should study, but I really don't want to, I got here super early today and I was studying all before class, and then I had medicine!"
"You've been bleeding yourself dry studying since your final yesterday, take a break my love."
"Do you want to go make out in your car?"
"If I ever answer no to that question, it's not me." I giggle and grab his hand and pull him to his car.

"Val- I really need to go." He kisses my neck again and pulls me down further on his lap.
"Can't you just skip?"
"It's only a quick class, and you can take me out to lunch after."
"Fine." I laugh and grab my bag, then I climb off his lap and I get out of the car. "Bye princess, I'll wait here." He kisses my cheek softly.
"Bye!" I run off to my class quickly and I take a seat at the back.

The class gets dismissed 45 minutes later and I rush out of the classroom and back to the car park, and I scan my eyes trying to find Valery's car, but it's no where in sight. I take my phone out of my pocket and I call him.
"Hey love."
"Where are you baby?"
"I just went out to grab us some lunch, I'll be there in a minute princess."
"Okay, bye-"
"No don't hang up! I want to hear your pretty voice."
"Uh... what?"
"Keep talking love."
"I'll see you in a second." I hear him start to protest as I hang up, then the all too familiar white Rolls Royce pulls up right beside me and I roll my eyes when I see his hands gripping the steering wheel so tight his knuckles are turning white.

The window rolls down and he keeps his head straight as he says,
"Get in. Now." I don't protest and I open the door and sit down quickly. "Don't you ever hang up on me, ever. You hear me princess?"
"Yes." He finally looks at me and smirks.
"You're perfect."
"Guess what!"
"What is it my love?"
"I got my Literature final results back today..."
"Was that the one you did a week ago?"
"Yeah."
"What did you get princess?"
"I got 100%!" He grabs my hand and kisses it softly.
"I'm so proud of you ma." I smile widely as he brings his head up and makes eye contact with me.
"Let's eat, I need to go train some kids at the rink in an hour and a half."
"You're kidding."
"Well sorry I'm not a rich mafia boss' son that doesn't need to worry about a job because he has all the money in the world."
"You don't need to worry about work because I'll buy you everything you need."
"Don't you have hockey training later anyway?" He runs a hand down his face.
"Fuck- I do."
"It's okay baby, soon we'll be graduated, you'll be professionally playing in the NHL, I'll be preparing for the olympics, but other than that, we'll have all the time in the world together, and we get the whole summer off since we're now done the season."
"I know darling, it's just so fucking annoying."
"At least we're doing what we love right?"
"Yeah, you." He smirks and I slap him arm lightly.
"Valery!"

"Great job Anna!" I squat down to her level on the ice and I give her a high five, and I turn my head to check on another one of the kids, when my eyes meet my boyfriend's, and he's got the biggest smile on his face as his gaze differs between me and Anna.
"What are you looking at Orlov?" I stand up and turn my whole body to him, and smirk.
"Nothing my princess."
"Is that your boyfriend?" I turn my gaze to three of the kids who have skated in front of me,
"Yeah, that is my boyfriend."
"Can we go say hi?"
"Of course! Let's go!" I skate them over to the wall and help each of them off the ice, then they waddle over to Valery. I follow them slowly as an amused smirk grows on my face.
"Hi! Miss Kat said you're her boyfriend!" Valery smirks down at the little blonde girl.
"I am, what's your name?"
"Leila! What's yours?"
"My name is Valery, you can call me Val for short though." A small smile grows on my face as Valery puts his forearms on his knees and starts talking to Anna, Leila, and the brown haired boy, Rhys.

His eyes flicker to mine for a seconds and he flashes me a small smile, then looks back to the kids and starts playing around with them.

My perfect boy.

I can't wait to marry him and have little babi-

What am I saying?

I'm only 22, and I'm studying medicine for gods sake! I know I'm a figure skater but still! I can't be thinking about marriage and kids.

The children's parents all walk into the rink to pick up their kids, and they all skate off the ice with my help and run over to their parents.
"We met miss Kat's boyfriend today!" Rhys looks over at me. "That's him!" I turn around confusedly, and I see Valery coming up behind me.

"Hi princess."
"Hi! The kids really seem to love you." He smiles softly and wraps his arm around my waist.
"I do have a natural charm when it comes to kids- well anyone for that matter, how do you think we're dating." I roll my eyes and slip away from his grasp.
"I'm going to run my routine while I'm here."
"Or we can race?"
"Like across the ice?"
"Yeah, you in for it love?"
"Of course, let's go." He smirks and we both get on the ice and skate over to one side of the rink. "3, 2, 1!" We both take off and I skate along the ice as fast as I can, but he beats me. "It's not fair! You're like..." I count on my fingers. "Seven inches taller than me!"
"Eight now love."
"You're 6'6? See! It's not fair, you have giant's legs."
"Yeah, but you can move faster, you're only 40 kilos are you not?" I narrow my eyes at him and cross my arms across my chest.
"Still! You're a giant!" He smirks and picks me up bridal-style in one swift motion and skates around the ice with me in his arms.

_________________

FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF