Tough Ice: Chapter 5 - Katerina

"Hey!" Theodore starts tickling me right in the stomach. "STOP! NO! THEO!" He laughs and stops tickling me. "What was that for?"
"You won't cuddle with me."
"You won't come shopping with me." I spit back at him.
"Fair enough." I giggle and back my bag for class. "Do you have to go to class Kat?"
"Yes, I don't want to fail University."
"But you're preparing for the Olympics next year anyway."
"Still, what am I to do if I don't place at all?" He sighs and gets off my bed, then hugs me from behind.
"I hate yet admire your determination."
"I- thank you?" I wriggle out of his grasp and places quick kiss on his cheek. "Bye!"
"Don't crash beautiful."
"I've had my license for two years Theo." He chuckled as I walk out the door. I finally got a car, not that I couldn't afford one, I just never really had a need, but I do now since I have to train a lot more, and I don't want to be getting my brother or Theo to be driving me to and back from the rink constantly. Яд (poison) starts playing on my playlist and I start singing along to it. My mood is however ruined when I get a call from, Valery?
"Katerina, the rink's closed."
"What? How?"
"I don't know, I just got here and a lady at the front desk said that it's closed for the day."
"No no no, I need to practice after my class today."
"There's always the other rink across town?"
"That one is like 45 minutes away, I think I might just have to miss out on a practice."
"You're sure about this Katerina?"
"Yes, alright I need to head into class, bye."
"Bye." I hang the call up and park, then head into the lecture hall.

I get home and I can't find my boyfriend anymore, but I do find my brother.
"Ares, do you know where Theodore went?
"He went home Kat, after we found out the rink was closed he said he didn't want to deal with you having a mental breakdown." I scowl.
"He said that?"
"Word for word."
"Fuck him." Ares chuckles as I walk out of his room. I'm about to start crying when I remember that he's just a stupid boy, I shouldn't cry over him.
"Hi Katerina, woah, are you good? You look like you're about to cry."
"Because I am about to cry you thick head." Valery scoffs and hugs me.
"Don't cry Katerina."
"You're so insensitive." I pull away from him and try to walk away, but he catches my wrist.
"I just don't really know how to comfort you without making it weird especially since you have a boyfriend."
"So what now that I have a boyfriend means that you're incapable of comforting me? You know what? Forget it, I don't even like you anyways, why would I want your comfort?" I walk away and into my room, then I actually start crying, I hate fighting with people. I pick up my phone and call Theodore so I can give him a piece of my mind.
"Hey beautif-"
"Save it Theodore. How dare you? You can't go around saying 'I don't want to deal with her mental breakdown' about your girlfriend, quite frankly it's disgusting, I don't even know why you would say that because you of all people know that I wouldn't put that burden on someone else. Fuck you Theodore."
"No Kat, don't hang up, I promise I was just joking around, and I do know that you wouldn't out that burden on someone else. Are you okay though? You sound like you're crying?"
"Yeah I um- I just got in a fight with Valery."
"My god what did he do this time?"
"Doesn't matter, anyway, goodbye, I'll call you back when I'm ready to forgive you."
"Okay beautiful." I hang the call up and shove my face into my pillow and scream.

Someone knocks on my door lightly.
"Come in." Valery walks into my room and sits down on the end of my bed.
"Katerina, I'm sorry." I look up at him, still teary eyed.
"Are you?"
"Yes."
"Get out Valery."
"Why? What did I do?"
"Today's just been too much, please leave me alone."
"Seriously Katerina?"
"Yes, also, what happened to the nicknames?"
"My god you're so oblivious Katerina."
"ABOUT WHAT?"
"I can't fucking tell you Katerina. Goodbye." He walks out of my room, leaving me sobbing again. Can't there just be a day where I don't fight with him? I pick up my phone again and call Nat.
"Hey Kat."
"Hey, uh, are you free?"
"I'm at yours right now."
"Oh, since when?"
"About 10 minutes ago."
"Oh, can you come to my room please?"
"Yeah, gimme a sec."
"Kay, bye." I hug my knees and wait for her to come. She runs into my room and jumps onto me.
"Hey Kat, what's up?"
"Today has been such a weird day man."
"Damn, wanna watch YouTube?"
"Not really, TikTok?" She nods as I pull TikTok up and we start scrolling on my for you page.

"I hate this country."
"Same, maybe I should move back to Greece, or maybe like America or something."
"Yeah, but then I'm all alone."
"You can come with me."
"Yay! I think America, the boys can join the nhl, and we can still figure skate."
"What boys?"
"Your brother obviously, Valery, and maybe Theodore."
"Valery? Seriously?"
"You and I both know that if you're moving to another country he would for sure come."
"How many times do I have to tell you Nat? He's not into me."
"I see the way he looks at you, he's hands down in love." I roll my eyes and get up off the bed.
"I'm going to shower." She nods as I walk into the bathroom with my pajamas.

______________

Should they actually move to America? Cause it's so hard to write about them living in Russia because the rules there are so strict, I can even put Netflix in. Idk, lmk 🤍