Tough Ice: Chapter 44 - Katerina

A slap sounds against someone's skin, then a sting appears on my face and I realise it was my own.
"Don't touch me," I grit out, trying to undo the  ropes binding my hands together behind my back.
"What are you gonna do about it Katerina?" Lev say's teasingly. "Valery is at work... there's no one here to save you." My eyes dart around the dark room, desperately trying to find a way out.
"He's going to find you, then rip you to fucking shreds."
"He has no way of finding out where we are."
I feel for my ring, but it's not there...
"What the fuck did you do with my ring."
"Oh that?" Lev takes something out of his pocket; and I see the diamond glint in the low light of the room. "I took it, can't have my brother branding what's mine now can I?"
"How did I even get here?"
"Oh that was simple, I knew I'd freaked out Valery that night when you guys were out on a date, so I realised that very next day, he would've been doing everything he could to keep you safe, while you'd be all alone, so all I had to do was wait until you stepped out of your apartment."
"How long has it been since then?"
"Maybe 2 days?" He scratches his jaw, then grins down at me. "Oh and by the way, we're not in America anymore."
"What?"
"Private jet, thank you Dad!" He points to the mirror, which I assume is a two-sided mirror. He kneels down in-front of me and grabs my chin. "So beautiful... such a shame that I'm going to have to kill you."
"Just like you did your mother?" His eyes narrow and he drops his hand.
"How do you know about that?"
"Valery was going to tell me at some point." His jaw ticks and he stands back up.
"You're a fucking slut, you know that?"
"Nice." I rattle the chair against the concrete, and I see the mirror rattle.
"Well I'm going to bed, have fun in here!" I scoff and watch as he walks out of the room, and I hear the lock click.

What must be two hours later, the red light on the security camera turns off, and my head darts up to it. I shake my hands and desperately try to undo the rope around my wrists.
"Come on-" The rope slips off of one of my wrists, and I bring my hands around to my front and get the rope of of my other wrists, and I bend down and undo the binds around my ankles, and I jump up and scramble to the mirror, and I bang on it tiredly. "Please-" I bang on it a few more times, and finally hear the familiar sound of glass shattering, and I pound a few more times, and the glass shatters, leaving me with a few cuts, but I jump through the hole and into the next room.

The door opens easily and I go into a corridor, and I see some sort of comms room, and Russian words being cursed lowly. "I'm in fucking Russia again?" I groan softly and sneak around the room, and open a door at the end of the hallway, which leads to some sort of surgery room, and I creep to another door, which meets what I think is the entrance. I curse silently, knowing there's got to be at least 7 security cameras around here, but I crawl until I reach a desk, and I pick up the phone, and call the one number I know.

"Ares?" I say when I hear someone pick up.
"Kat?"
"Yeah."
"WHERE ARE YOU?"
"I don't know, I'm somewhere in Russia, Lev kidnapped me."
"Are you okay Kat?"
"I'm in a Russian mafia building and currently kidnapped, so no."
"Okay hold on, I'm going to connect you to Valery, and he'll trace the call."
"Okay, I love you Ares."
"I love you too Kat, stay safe." I hear the line being reconnected, and someone picking up.
"Hello?"
"Valery?"
"Love? Is that you?"
"Yeah..."
"Fuck- baby I'm going to find you."
"I don't know where I am, just somewhere in Russia, pleads hurry."
"I know darling I'm trying." I hear the mix being muffled and a lot of yelling, then I hear his voice again. "How long do you think you can stay on for? I need three minutes to travel the call."
"Well it's like 3am here, so no one's around, but I'll just have to be quiet, I'll try."
"Okay sweetheart, talk to me about anything."
"It smells really bad here." He lets out a soft chuckle and I hear low talking on the other line. "And it's very distasteful, like why is it bright and white everywhere, it just makes it even colder than it already is." He laughs softly and sighs.
"Have they hurt you?"
"I think so, there's bruises all over me, and when I woke up a couple hours ago Lev slapped me."
"Oh love..." I hear the mic being muffled again and he says something to someone. "I'm going to fucking kill him for hurting her." We both go silent for a while, then I hear him smile. "We're good to go my love."
"Grea-shit." I look up and see a guard walking in, and I hide under the desk, clutching the phone in my hand, and I cover my mouth with the other one.
"Princess?" I hear faintly, and then footsteps grow closer to me and I suck in a breath, then I see boots about a metre away from me, and I put the phone down silently in-front of me and hope the guard leaves.

I watch as the guard walks away, and then the door opens and closes, and I pick up the phone again.
"Hey-"
"Love what the fuck happened?"
"A guard walked in, but we're good now."
"You sure?"
"Mhm, so you've got the location now?"
"Yes, you're in Northern Siberia, extremely far away from anything, it's gonna take us a while to get there princess, but I'll try everything I can."
"Okay, just be quick."
"Of course darling, I love you."
"I love you too, also, Lev stole my engagement ring, so when you're dealing with him; it should be in his left pant pocket."
"That fucker."
"I know, anyway, I should go, before someone finds me and I get hurt even more."
"Stay safe my love."
"Yeah, good bye Valery."
"Bye Katerina..." I hang up the phone and dart my eyes around again, and sneak my way back to the room I was in before, and tie myself up again, and pretend to be asleep until Lev comes back in.

_______________

I'm on summer holidays now so I'll be able to upload chapters more