2

ND68

My phone dinged with an email notification from Scuderia Ferrari. Why would they be contacting me? I opened the email and the more I read the more my jaw dropped. They had a seat open and they wanted me to fill it. Just then my friend texted me telling me Charles Leclerc was spotted in a Redbull at the HQ. That answers my question of who left Ferrari. At the bottom of the email, I saw a phone number that the email said to call with my answer. I copied the number and dialed it. "Hello?" The voice asked when it answered. "Hi. Is this Frédéric Vasseur?" I asked. "Yes, who is this?" He asked. "This is Nova Daniels. I just received the email you sent me." "Ah yes, Miss Daniels. I see you wasted no time calling." "No sir. If you can send me an address I'll be there on the next flight." I said. "I'm taking this as a yes to our offer?" He asked. "I've been waiting for an F1 seat for a year. If I'm getting an offer from Ferrari I'm taking it." I said and he chucked. "I'll send over an email with a plane ticket and an address. See you soon Miss Daniels." He said. "See you soon." I said and hung up. "Yes!!" I yelled. I instantly dialed my best friend Penelope to tell her. "Yes?" She answered. "Guess who just got a seat at Scuderia Ferrari?" I asked smiling. "No way!!" She yelled. "Yes, dude!" I said. "Oh, I'm so proud of you. Now I can come to see you race in Australia." She said. We talked for a few more minutes before I hung up to start packing. The email was sent over about an hour later and the flight left tomorrow morning. Italy here I come.
*
*
*
As I arrived in Italy I noticed a man standing at the entrance/exit of the airport holding a sign with my name on it. "Miss Daniels?" He asked in a thick accent as I walked up to him. "Yes sir." I said smiling. He nodded and put the sign down. "I've been assigned by Mr. Vasseur to give you a ride to headquarters." He said. "Sounds good." I said and we walked out to a car.
*
*
*
The ride was pleasant and we arrived pretty quickly. "Thank you." I said grabbing my bag from the seat next to me. I carry a duffel bag rather than a suitcase for most events so it makes my life easier. I walked up to the main door and walked in. "Hi my name is Nova Daniels, I'm here to see Frédéric Vasseur." I said to the lady at the front desk. "Ah yes yes. I will call him down." She said with a smile. I should prolly learn some Italian if I'm gonna be here all the time. A few minutes later I saw a man walking towards me. "You must be Nova." He said. "And you must be Frédéric." I replied. He nodded and shook my hand. "Well let's go to my office and sign some papers and we'll get you fitted and everything set up for you." He said. "Sounds good." I said and we walked off. "You can set your bag down wherever." He said and I nodded setting it down in the seat beside me.
*
*
*
After a few hours of reading and signing contracts, I was finally done. "Carlos is getting fitted again so you will get to meet him and then you guys will be testing tomorrow." He said. I nodded and got up. "Well let's get it going." I said and he chuckled. We walked into the back of the building and there I saw Carlos. "Carlos, say hello to your new team mate." Frédéric said. He looked towards us and looked a little surprised to see a female. One the surprise went away he smile brightly and started walking towards us. "Mr Vasseur good to see you again, and who might you be?" He asked looking over to me. "Nova Daniels, nice to meet you." I replied sticking my hand out. He smiled at the gesture and shook my hand. "Carlos Sainz Jr." He said. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Carlos do you mind taking Nova to get her seat fitted and her sizes for race suits?" Frédéric asked. "It'd be my pleasure. Please with me bonita." He spoke ushering me away from the team principal.
*
*
*
Carlos is a very polite man. He held my bag for me as team members took my sizes for race suits and got my seat fitted to me. He proceeded to show me around the entire building and man I was lost after five minutes. "So you are American I assume?" He asked. "Yep, born and raised in Louisville Kentucky." I said. "The American accent is such a stand out amongst the rest of the grid, it'll be awesome having a woman as my team mate though." He said with a smile. "I'm pretty awesome if I do say so myself." I said and flipped my black and green hair over my shoulder. He chuckled and pretended to flip his hair as well. "Please don't take this the wrong way and I'm in no way trying to flirt with you but, you seem to pretty to be in this sport." He said. I looked at him puzzled for a second. "Ah you are model type. Why are you racing a car?" I giggled as he tried to explain what he meant. "I wanted to prove a point originally. One of my friends started karting and I wanted to beat him so I started racing. I got a taste of victory and all these years later here I am. Racing some of the fastest cars in the world." I replied. "Racing became your life?" "Became it and saved it."