37

ND68:

His kiss was soft, his hands holding my face as if I was a porcelain doll. He pulled away and moved his hands back to his sides. "Please tell me I didn't just ruin our friendship." He said. "Not even close," I said. He smiled and his phone pinged. "Shit. I have to go now Max is here. I'm so sorry. We will talk about this when I get back I promise." He said standing up. "Don't worry about it. Go have fun." I said and he smiled. He kissed my forehead and ran out the door. "There's some cash on the table for food." He said as he shut the door. Before I could say thank you the door closed and he was gone. What the hell just happened? I grabbed my phone and dialed Penelope. She answered and I was so happy about that. "Bitch who died?" She asked. "Charles kissed me." I blurted out. "What?!?!" She yelled. "You heard me." I replied. "Bitch how are you so calm?" She asked. "Hell if I know I'm freaking out internally." I said and she laughed.
*
*
*
I heard a knock on the door and looked up. "Who's there?" Penelope asked. "Prolly Oscar." I said. I stood up and hobbled over to the door with my phone in my hand still. I opened it up and there stood Oscar. "Hey." I said. "Hey." He replied. I hopped backward to give him room and he walked in. We had spoken maybe four times before tonight but we got along decent. "Hey, Pen I'll call you tomorrow. Love you." I said. "Okay. Let me know what happens. Love you more." She replied. "Bye." I said and hung up. "Sorry bout that." I said and he shook his head in a dismissing way. "No worries. I was a little surprised you texted though." He said. "I didn't wanna be alone all night and Fernando isn't the most fun of people no offense to him." I said. "Ah makes sense." He replied. "Plus I barely know you so why not." I said with a shrug and he laughed. "Good point. Well, I brought some food." He said opened his backpack. "Oh you didn't have to I was gonna order something when you got here." I said. "Eh, it was on the way and sounded good." He said and pulled out some type of soup. "Uh beef or pork?" He asked. "Whatever you don't want. I don't mind either." I said. "Pork it is." He said handing me the bowl. "How the hell did this not spill?" I asked. "I'm a master of putting shit where it shouldn't be and making it work." He said and I laughed. I turned on the TV and looked for something in English to watch. I finally came across a movie channel and it was playing Rush so I left it on that. "I've never seen this." Oscar said. "What? It's so good. It's about Niki and James." I said. "Oh shit, I'm paying attention now." He said.
*
*
*
The movie ended and we had finally finished our food. "Wait how old are you?" I asked. "Twenty-three." He said. "Oh fuck yeah." I said and got up from the couch. I hobbled into the little mini kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Jack. "You down?" I asked. "Why the hell not." He said and got up. He walked over and sat down on the little stool. I grabbed a cup and poured two drinks. "Cheers." I said and we both drank our drinks. "So what's up with you and Charles?" He asked. "Honestly not sure. We're friends but I don't know if he feels differently about me more than that." I said and he nodded. "He's a good guy he's just so stuck on winning. I don't blame him. He got fucked by Ferrari for so long." He said. "I know that's why I don't say anything about it." I said and he nodded.
*
*
*
"Alright I'm gonna head back, Lando said they're heading back now so I'm gonna go sleep." He said. "Sounds good." I said and he stood up. "See you later Nova." He said and I smiled. "Later." I replied and he smiled. He walked out the door and I was now alone. I picked up my phone and went on Instagram for a bit. I saw Max posted a story so I clicked on it. It was a picture of everyone at the club and they all seemed shit-faced I'm not gonna lie. A few minutes went by and the door opened. "Hey Char." I said from the bed. "Hello." He said and I heard him set down his phone and wallet on the table. "Did you guys have fun?" I asked. "Yes. I wish you could've come though." He said. "Same here." I replied. "So, about before I left." He said as he sat down next to me on the bed. He looked over at me, his eyes full of emotion. "I know I've fucked up many times, I know I hurt you in the past and I will spend every day of the rest of my life trying to make that up to you. I feel something for you that I've never felt for anyone before. I want this to be more than friends, but if that's not what you want I will be happy being your friend." He said. I looked at him and tried to think of words to explain how I felt toward him. "Shit, I said too much." He said and went to stand up. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "Shut up for once." I said then grabbed the back of his head and pulled him into a kiss. "We can be whatever you want Char." I said when I pulled away. "We're going on a date tomorrow and I'm gonna do this right." He said and I giggled. "As you wish, Lord Percival." I said and he gave me an eye roll and laugh.