39

ND68:

The first week went great. Now I'm thinking of ways to get away with murder. "That French boy doesn't need to be here why did you bring him Nova?" My mother asked. "I'm not French, I'm Monégasque for one. Two you have no right to talk to her like that when she doesn't even live with you anymore. Three shut the fuck up for once." Charles snapped. "Excuse me?" My mother asked raising an eyebrow. "We're leaving. Char come on." I said and grabbed his wrist. I knew going to my parents house was a bad idea. We got back to my truck and got in. "I'm so sorry." I said and sighed as I started the truck. "Don't be." He said and placed his hand on my thigh. I got my cast off and was able to drive without the boot on. I just had to walk around with it if i was going any type of distance. "No I am. I don't know why I thought they'd be welcoming." I said and started driving off the ranch. "Fuck them." He said and i laughed a bit.
*
*
*
"What is a fair?" He asked as we got out of my truck. "It's like a carnival but bigger." I said. Why we have fairs all the time beats me but they're fun. "Ah okay." He said and i smiled. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the lights. "So what do you do here?" He asked. "Ride rides and eat shit food." I said and he laughed. "Alright. Lead the way." He said and I started walking. We got cotton candy and funnel cake which he had never had and I was appalled. "It's good. It has to be so bad for you though." He said and i nodded. "Oh fuck yeah it's horrible for you but it's good." I said and he laughed. We walked around a bit and I saw the Ferris wheel. "Wanna go?" I asked pointing to it and he nodded. "Sure let's go." He said. I grabbed his wrist and we went over there. "Holy shit, Nova?" I heard and i looked up. Lawson Pilliard. "Oh hey." I said standing a bit straighter. "How have you been?" He asked. "Im racing around the world, I'd say pretty good. You?" I replied. "Knocked up a girl in the summer so not great." He replied and it took everything in me not to snicker. "Oh this is Charles, Charles this is Lawson my ex boyfriend." I said and Charles smirked a bit. Oh boy. "Nice to meet ya." Lawson said sticking his hand out. "Va te faire foutre. Charles replied shaking his hand. I know damn well whatever it was was not nice. "Ah you're from France?" Lawson asked. "No, Monaco." Charles replied and Lawson rolled his eyes. "Same shit." He mumbled. "So what is he doing around this area?" Lawson asked. "He's here with me for two weeks till we go to Monaco for another two weeks." I said and he looked puzzled. "So he's your boyfriend?" He asked. "Yes." Charles said and i looked at him with my eyebrows raised. Huh? "Oh. Cool. Well I'll see you around." Lawson said and walked off. "Boyfriend?" I asked. Charles smirked and looked at me. "If that's okay with you?" He asked. "Fine by me." I said and he smiled. "Alright let's go ride the Ferris wheel." He said grabbing my hand.
*
*
*
We got to the top and Charles looked out of the window. "It's pretty out here." He said. "It's not Monaco." I said and he laughed. "No it's not. But it's nice to see where you grew up." He said and i smiled. "So I texted an old friend, there's a rodeo tomorrow and she wants me to enter, do you wanna come?" I asked. "Of course. I can't wait to see what you do." He said with a smile. "Well it won't be the pretty movements you saw in Texas. This time it's all about speed." I said and he raised a brow. "You'll see Schatje." I said and he rolled his eyes. "How long are we going to keep this under wraps Char?" I asked. "Till we know the second we do it won't all fall to shit." He said and i nodded. "Sounds good to me." I said and he smiled. The ride ended and we got off. "You ready to go?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah my feet hurt." He said. I noticed his Vans and giggled. "No shit honey, you're in skate shoes. Not the best in dirt and gravel." I said and he rolled his eyes. "I have nothing else." He said. "We're getting you boots tomorrow and some jeans that fit them." I said and he sighed. "Dieu aide moi." He mumbled. "You'll be fine." I said and he laughed.
*
*
*
"What do you want for dinner?" I asked and Charles popped out of the living room. "Uh, how about tacos?" He asked. "That works." I said and he smiled. We went to the store the day we got here so we didn't starve or order food the whole time. "Hey before you start can we talk a second?" He asked. "Yeah what's up?" I asked putting a pan on the stove. "You know we could both get in trouble for dating right? I know Christian and i don't think he will mind, but Fréd I don't know how that will go over." He said. "I'm well aware and I know I can find another seat if they do kick me." I said and he nodded. "Okay." He said and i nodded. I turned around and went back to cooking. "You're beautiful." He said and i smiled. "Thank you." I replied and I felt arms wrap around my waist. "I promise to never hurt you mon amour." He whispered. "I'll hold you to it." I said and he chuckled. "Do you need help?" He asked. "Can you get the cheese and sour cream out for me?" I asked and he nodded into my shoulder. "Thank you." I said and he moved away. "You're welcome." He said. Just then my phone rang and I put down the spoon. I grabbed my phone and looked at the caller ID. I didn't recognize it but answered. "Hello?" "Hello is this Nova Daniels?" "Yes who is this?" "This is Lillian Davis with Netflix's drive to survive, we were hoping to have you on the show for the 2025 season." "That would be awesome, send a contract to my manager I'll have her look it over and send it to me." "Sounds good. We hope to see you soon."