36

ND68:

"So how are you feeling Schatz." Seb asked as he rolled me into Aston Martin. "I've been better but not as bad as I've been." I said and he looked at me with a sad look. "It gets better I promise you." He said and i smiled. "Ew get her out of here." Lance said walking up faking disgust. "Ew, why are you even looking at me." I said and put my hand up covering his face. "Did I mess up bringing you here?" Seb asked not sure if we were joking or not. "Not at all. How are you doing Miss America?" Lance replied and I saw a look of relief wash over Seb's face. "Tired and sore but I'm okay." I said and he nodded. "Well, I'll let you guys do your thing I have to go. It was good seeing you." He said. "Good seeing you too." I replied. "Seb always a pleasure." He said and Seb smiled. "Likewise." He said and off Lance went. "Let's get ready to watch the race." Seb said and helped me out of my wheelchair. He then moved it to an area it would be out of the way and came back over. "Okay let's sit come come." He said and i followed with my crutches. We sat down by the monitors out of the way but still able to see. My phone buzzed and I checked it seeing it was Fréd. He asked if I was okay since I hadn't made it back yet and I told him I was fine and with Sebastian. He sent a thumbs up and i locked my phone. "Are you in trouble?" Seb asked. "Nope. They don't care as long as I stop by a few times and am around for the podiums if Carlos can me it on there." I said and he nodded. "Don't ever let Ferrari destroy you. If it gets bad leave. You can always find another team. If you lose your fire it's much harder to get back." He said. "I'll quit for good before I get treated like shit by a team." I said and he smiled. "Good."
*
*
*
"It's lights out and away we go here in Abu Dhabi. The championship on the line with only twenty points between Verstappen and Leclerc. This is gonna be a race to remember." Charles had a good start but so did Max. Carlos had a good start as well but he had some ground to make up for the podium. The Red Bulls almost touched going into turn six but thank god Max backed off instead of taking them both out once again. "Holy shit boys." I mumbled and Seb smiled at me.
*
*
*
Lap thirty-four and Charles still had the lead with Max in second. Carlos had picked off the three in front of him and made it up to third. "The only way Charles wins is if Max gets eighth or worse." Seb said. "Fuck." I mumbled. Laps ticked by but Carlos was catching Max. Lap forty-nine all hell broke loose. Carlos went on the inside as Max left the door open just enough for him to make a move. They went in clean but when they came out they touched spinning Carlos out as well as Max, taking them both out of the race. "Charles just won." Seb whispered and i was overjoyed. Yes, I wanted it to be me but he deserves it so much.
*
*
*
Lap fifty-seven one more lap to go and Charles was twelve seconds out front. Carlos and Max crashing mixed up a lot of the drivers with Lewis in second now and somehow Lando got the tractor we call McLaren into third. Don't crash it Char keep it smooth. My mind was going wild. As long as he doesn't crash, he's got it. "Around the last corner, all he sees is a white flag. One more lap till he gets that checkered flag." I heard the Red Bull garage cheering and I saw them all run over to the pit wall to go do Red Bull things and hang on the wall. "Come on Char." I whispered and crossed my fingers. "He's gonna win it holy shit." Seb said. Corner after corner he made it through flawlessly. Finally, after what felt like ten minutes he rounded corner sixteen, Red Bull's garage was going insane and I noticed Max cheering as well. I hope Jos didn't come here, if he did ooo this will be a fun night. "Charles Leclerc, you are now Champion of the World!" We all heard and Seb and I cheered so hard. "He did it." I said. I've watched him race since I was a kid. If anyone deserved this title it's him. He's gone through so much, and he's still fighting. "Hurry come on let's go to the podium to see him." Seb said and ran off to get my wheelchair. "No stop I'll crutch over I'm not taking up that much room." I said and he obliged. He walked back over and I used his arm for balance as I grabbed my crutches. "Alright let's go." I said and off we went.
*
*
*
The boys sprayed each other with champagne, after a few seconds Charles stopped and looked around in the crowd. When his eyes met mine he stopped looking and he smiled so huge. I gave him a thumbs up and a smile back and he started spraying me with champagne. I squealed and moved backward bumping into Carlos. "Oh my god, you almost had that bro." I said and he laughed. "I know I know. It just didn't work out. I've got it next year." He said and i smiled. "That you do."
*
*
*
I was at the car waiting for Charles when Pierre walked by. "Hey, you okay?" He asked stopping. "Yeah, I'm just waiting on Char." I said. "We're all going out tonight. You're more than welcome to come." He said. "I can't. Thank you though." I said gesturing to my leg. "Oh shit yeah. I'm sure one of the guys isn't going if you don't wanna be alone. My bets are on Fernando or Oscar." He said. "I'll send one of them a message on Instagram when I get back." I said. "Take care Nov. See you next season." He said and hugged me. "See you P." I said and he smiled. He walked off and a few minutes later Charles walked up. "Chéri how long have you been here?" Charles asked worry flashing across his face. "Bout half an hour. I wasn't sure where you were so I just figured my best bet was to go to the car." I said. "You should've called me or Christian. I would've been here much sooner. I'm sorry." He said. "It's okay Char, really it's all good. You just won the Championship. You're gonna be a busy man for the rest of the night." I said. He smiled softly and opened the door for me. "Text me next time, it's the middle of the night." He said and i nodded. I sat down and he closed the door and put my crutches in the back.
*
*
*
We got to the hotel and went straight to the room. "I'm leaving in like half an hour, are you gonna be okay? Should I see if anyone's not going to come to stay with you?" He asked. "I texted Oscar, he said he isn't going so he might come over." I said and he nodded. "Okay." He said and walked into the bathroom with his duffel bag. He was in there for a few minutes before he came out in a white button-up long sleeve that was thin and black jeans. "You look nice." I said and he smiled. I couldn't help but look at him, he looked amazing. His cologne was as amazing as ever as well. "Chéri, my eyes are up here." He said and i looked him in the eyes. "I know." I said. His face changed and he looked to be contemplating something. "What?" I asked. He stayed silent and just looked at me. I gave him a confused look and he walked towards me. He stood in front of me and looked down. He squatted down to be at eye level with me and I looked at him confused still. "Fuck it." He mumbled and grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me into a kiss.