35

CL16:

I woke up to my alarm blaring and groaned a bit. Then I heard a groan from next to me. "I'm not even racing and I still have to wake up at the same time." She grumbled sitting up. "Good morning to you too." I said with a smile. She smiled at me but she didn't even open her eyes. "Chat please pick me an outfit when you're done getting ready." She begged. "I will. Just give me a few minutes." I said and got up. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Once I was done I went over to Nova's bag and pulled out a pair of jean shorts, as I looked through her bag I couldn't find a shirt that I liked with the shorts so I went to my bag and pulled out one of mine. I grabbed a white t-shirt that had C.L. written on it. "Here you go." I said and put the clothes next to her on the bed. "Merci." She replied. My heart did a little jump when she said that. "Je t'en prie." I replied and she smiled. That was about the extent of her knowledge of French, but it was cute to see her try and learn by hearing Pierre and I talk or someone else who speaks French. "I'm gonna go change you do the same." I said and she nodded. I grabbed a Red Bull shirt and a pair of black jeans. She was understandably upset during her last doctor visit as they told her she needed another month on crutches since they put her back in a leg cast. "Char, is this your shirt?" I heard her ask. "Yes. None that you had looked nice." I said. I heard her let out a small giggle and i smiled. "Alrighty then." She said.
*
*
*
She put her shoe on and slipped her phone into her pocket. "I'm ready if you are." She said. "I'm ready." I replied and she grabbed her crutches. "Seb texted me he said he's gonna be here this weekend." She said as we walked out the door. "Awesome. You'll have someone to hang out with while we're racing now." I said and she smiled. "It'll be nice to see him." She said. We made it to the elevator and rode down to the lobby. We made our way out to the car and she put her crutches in the back seat. She held onto my arm for stability to move to the passenger front and she sat down. I walked around and jumped in the car. I started it up then we took off to the track. "Can i play music?" She asked. "Sure go ahead." I said unlocking my phone and handing it to her. She clicked open my music app and started playing something I wasn't familiar with. "Who is this?" I asked her. "Hollow Coves." She said. "It's nice i like it." I replied and she smiled.
*
*
*
When we got to the track Nova went over to Ferrari and I went to Red Bull. "Hey, man." Max said as he walked in. "Hey." I said and gave him a small smile. "How's Nova doing?" He asked. "The pain seems to be going finally. I don't catch her wincing in pain every five minutes now." I said. "That's good. I know that crash fucked with her head." He said and i nodded. "Definitely." I said. "Dude just tell her already." He whispered. "There's nothing to tell man." I said back and he gave me a look. "There's nothing to tell. We're friends and that's it." I said and he sighed. "Jullie zijn idioten." He grumbled. "I don't speak that language asshole." I said. "I'm aware that's why I said it." He said and i rolled my eyes. "Charles!" I heard someone yell and i saw Seb when I turned around. "Sebastian." I said with a smile and walked over to him. Then I noticed Nova sitting in a wheelchair. "Did you break your other leg?" I asked. "No, he made me because he was tired of walking so slowly." She said pointing to Seb. "Hey, she needs to rest anyways. Crutches are no joke." He said and i laughed. "You're doing great this season. I can't wait to watch you in person tonight." He said and i smiled. "Thank you very much. I'm hoping all goes well tonight." I said and he smiled. "Believe in yourself." He said and smiled. I nodded and they went on their way. "You like her." Max said in my ear. "Ahh dude!" I yelled as he scared the fuck out of me. "I don't like shit. She's my friend. Knock it off, man." I said and he rolled his eyes and laughed. Mother fucker.
*
*
*
Press conferences, yay. "Charles, what is your opinion on women in the sport? It seems the one woman on the grid has had more crashes and mishaps than anyone else this season." "I think women being able to get into the sport will boost it a lot. If you look at how much ratings have gone up since Nova debuted in the sport it's quite amazing. And for your stupid remark, if anyone's had a shit season on crashes it's Pierre. We're on round twenty-three and he has crashed in ten of those rounds. Nova has had less than most of the grid thus far and we can only imagine how much she will be kicking our asses next year with her comeback." I said and the room went silent. "I agree with Charles." "Same." "Same." "Me as well." "Yes." A bunch of voices were heard from the drivers. "Oh um okay moving on." The reporter said and went on to bother Lewis. God, I hate reporters who ask stupid questions. I can only imagine half the shit Nova deals with while I zone out. "Stop lying to yourself, Charles." Max whispered. "Shut the fuck up." I replied gritting my teeth. He let out a low chuckle and i rolled my eyes. "Alright, that's it for today. Drivers, you will be starting the formation lap in one hour."